Is it ok to ask her out by text?

i thought this girl liked me but i got signs on sat night at work she defo does, she was smiling and staring at me, and put her lipstick on and asked what im doing tonight, i couldnt ask her out because people were around and i want privacy (which we never get at work) shud i ask her out by text? i mean if she likes me she would say yes right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Women can’t stand is when a guy asks her out via text.

You heard me correctly. When you meet a woman, and text her instead of calling her to ask her out on a date, in her mind, she’s assuming that you think she’s going to say no. You don’t own it, and to her, you appear like an unconfident guy.

• whats the altenative? seeing her and work and not being able to tell her? leaving it to long so she thinks i dont like her and moves on? im in a situation here where we never get time alone just us two, there's always customers there or work colleagues

Most Helpful Guy

• I can relate to the work thing...
    Yep, that's how I first asked out my crush. Then she had to cancel. Then two months later we actually hung out, but I called her for that time.
    We were coworkers too and there were always customers or coworkers around.

I'd say call her.

What Girls Said 5

• Not the most romantic move compadre.

• Don't do it over text. It makes it look like she wasn't worth the effort of doing it in person.

• Totally. As long as she likes you she should say yes

• I wouldn't like it if a guy I like asks me on a date through text. It seems so weak and makes you look not-so-brave type of guy. SO at least calling would be better. But, I assume there should be some opportunities at work to talk to her privately...

• She definitely likes you and would say yes either way. But I think it's more romantic and confident on your part to ask her out it person. I get that it's nerve wracking but she's practically falling for you already so be confident!

What Guys Said 4

• if you both get off at the same time, do it after work. I implore you to ask her out in person.

• not that it won't work through text, I've done it plenty of times. but its still better in person.

• i would but its rare we finish same time, and i only see her fir and sat, and we never get time together, i feel like im gona mess up by not telling her

• if you have no choice then its okay to do it through text, im sure she'll understand why. plus you can always explain to her on the date why you did so.

• By text is seen as kind of weak and timid by women. They like the attention and want you to be man enough to do it in front of people with confidence. Plus they don't want to look like a bytche in front of others so they are more likely to say yes. Do it in person!

• Maybe I would look for a time other than work. Maybe during your break?

• Yes... people do everything by text nowadays...