Is average the nice way to say ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Average is average = not ugly but not attractive either.

• So its pretty much the same thing meaning there's no way you are sexually attractive your in limbo aka ugly

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not rocket science... ugly is way worse than average any day

What Girls Said 4

• Wow. Average can mean different things... Does it mean UGLY? To me it means his not getting all that attention that the looker gets... it means to me, he doesn't take things for granted... and he's a keeper. I prefer and average guy... with a great personality... one that can make me laugh.

• I think average actually hurts more... At least in the context I've used it. Because calling someone ugly is refutable. Average is the truth. And nobody wants to hear that... Trust me.

• No.. ugly is 1 or 0.. average is 5 or 6

• No. Average is 'just ok' not bad at all but not special, great or unique. That's what people mean.

What Guys Said 4

• Yea it is 😂😂😂

at least in the context the people in my social environment uses it. When something isn't impressive at all, we'll just called it average.

• Nope, ugly is worse than average.

In terms of numbers, imagine if someone says on a scale from -10 to 10, you're a 0, which is totally neutral, versus saying you're a -7 because you're just hideous.

• Of course not. It means what it says: that you're in the middle ground.

• Say you are not physically attracted to her.