Guys, do you like it when girls text you first, or make the first move in general?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Either way really. Most of the time I'm either too absent minded, or too lazy to text someone first. So if a girl is direct with me and tells me what she wants, and I want her as well, then I'm generally pretty turned on. My current girlfriend said she liked me before I told her anything about my feelings. We just talked about each other for a while and then she told me that she really liked me. I liked that she was assertive and direct instead of beating around the bush. So yeah, I think making the first move can be a good thing if that's what you're comfortable with. If a girl is shy, that's no problem either. It's just going to take me more time to figure out if she likes me for sure and for me to access whether or not I want to date her.

What Guys Said 18

• My biggest pet peeve of mine is when a girlfriend never initiates a conversation. You absolutely should start conversations. I want to feel like you are interested in me, and if I have to start every conversation, I am gonna feel like she doesn't care.

• You make yourself relatively more valuable than other women by making the first move. Guys make the first move, like, 99% of the time. Even professional athletes like a break.

• It makes thing a lot simpler.
    That's like the "GREENLIGHT GO GO GO GO GO" .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2PiLlLiCc

• Yes we do. How can we not?

I hate it when girls just always sit there and expect the guys to text first and then if the guys don't text, they start bitching and crying.

It's not such a big deal if you texted first for once.

Starfish 😂

• Yes, especially now. For guys making the first move is risky. Going in for a first kiss doesn't work out & boom, harassment charge. lol

• Of course we do

• I feel awful for it sometimes, but if it caught me off gaurd i wouldn'mind.

• Yes because I hate doing all the work in a relationship.

• its good for a change, yes.

• I personally like a mix if i could get it in a situation, a woman dosent have to be making the first move at all times but even if they just dont act aloof about their weather they like me or not mainly.

• Whoever wakes up first...

• Yes. Very much so.

• It does not matter unless I'm being shy than I want to make the frist move

• Yeah bc if they text first it means they're interested in me and that gives me confidence

• I do definitely like it:)

• Yes, it's good. Do that. Most guys would be surprised because good things like that don't usually happen.

• Yes. Mostly because I usually find girls that do this to be smarter. Women who adhere strictly to dating rules kinda fall a little on my impressiveness list. If your afraid to text me first or afraid of being the first one to talk to me I think you're unrealistic. I'm human and this is life it's random and unplanned and their is no strategy to win my love. I'm not a video game. So I don't expect women to do this but when they do I usually appreciate it. I don't always date these girls but when I like them already or I'm on the fence it definetly makes me like them more.

• thank you, that was very insightful!
      I'm actually more asking this question to verify my actions, because I have female friends that have told me that my approach to texting a guy first is "aggressive" and not "lady-like" which I find ridiculous. I need new friends..

• Well I will say that when girls get assertive (not aggressive) they usually step into a situation that guys are already used to. As a guy we kinda know that a lot of girls will turn you down if they don't feel comfortable with you and that sometimes when you try you will get shot down simply because she's just not interested. We learn that girls will sometimes be rude and sometimes will try to be nice but still end up hurting you. And that's just a part of dating and it has little to do with assertiveness. We learn to cope with it. Most girls on the other hand have only experience one side of the coin. The guys they like that approach them usually like them back. The guys that don't don't and are kinda just there unless the girl eventually act assertively. So when girls do it they tend to think that it's the assertiveness that's getting them rejected because it's the only thing they've done differently when it's not. It's kind of a way to protect the ego.

• Makes sex easy to get, so I'm cool with it.