Don't you find online dating very stupid?

Well, I do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally think online dating is pretty stupid. Something about weeding people out before even getting to see and know them just feels too "Big Brother-ish" to me. I used to have a lot of social anxiety too and tried online dating for a while because it got rid of the step that caused me the most anxiety (breaking the ice). Obviously you still have to break the ice with a match from a dating site but at least you already picked each other so my anxiety was diminished. Anyway, I hated the whole online dating experience. I was referred to a dating course website by a friend of mine and I chose the one that was tailored to what I wanted to improve on. It helped me out a lot and I've been dating my new girlfriend for two months now. You should check it out if you're serious about putting yourself into the dating world. Good intentions can only do so much but taking action is what really causes a change. I'd take the leap if I were you. Worst comes to worst you can cancel your subscription and be out a few dollars. It can't hurt.

The website is ezdatingtips. com. Id check out the site cause they have some pretty neat information and reviews.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, I do not find it stupid. I live in a location where I can't really find anyone I'm compatible with. Online I can actually find someone with similar views and interests. I'm also really shy so being about to get to know them first online will make it easier for me when we meet in person.

• Exactly. Plus at least with online dating you'll know who's single and looking for a relationship, assuming that they're being honest.

• Okay, I have no idea what happened to that last sentence.
      I'm also really shy so getting to know them first online will make it easier for me when we meet in person.*

• @Xelebrum
      Agreed.

What Guys Said 24

• Meh not in particular, I mean for one I personally have social anxiety so just going up and talking to people is not something i'm always able to do. My issue with it is the fake accounts and the general abuse of dating systems which people mainly seem to use for casual hookups which i'm personally not interested in.

• No. I find random hookups at shitty bars and clubs to be very stupid.

• Nope, I don't. I had one of my most fulfilling relationships I've ever experienced through online dating. Didn't regret any of it.

• No online dating isn't stupid.
    But idea that you use it as a tool to 'design' your bf/gf is ridiculous.
    Really... you're browsing people as if you were shopping for a pair of shoes.
    There's a large portion of serial daters always thinking they can do better, by dipping into the big pool of people available, never ready to really commit.

• Yeah I do. I hope I never have to use it.

• When I was stuck out in the country one rainy day I was bored and figured it would be fun to talk to someone girls and I met the love of my life.

• It's a safer and less awkward environment to create a bond with someone. Everyone knows why everyone else is on there, it's honest and easy. Probably the best way I've ever began a romantic relationship.

• no, I live in a small town, I go to church, it still very hard to meet new people otherwise

• Nah the problem is people create false accounts and lie about who they really are. If it weren't fir that online dating sites would be great assuming they were free.

• It's not stupid, some people are into it, some are aren't. I for myself have to look a person in the eyes to know them and be romantically involved with them but my brother has dated quite a lot of women after meeting them online

• Never tried it...😕

• I do, I think it is kind of sad if the only way you can get a date is by going with a total stranger

• Nah, its a tool like a cellphone. Its equally stupid?

• Yes I do, but whatever

• It doesn't work for me :/ its nonsense

• Yes, the stupidest thing since JB.

• I find dating stupid.

• Yeah... If they're not in my area.

• you're 16, talk to me in ten years when you simply don't have time or resources to meet people IRL all the time...

• Some people date people that they would never though would have dated so it differently an eye opener it leads into a relationship and eventually marriage. A friend of mine has done it and it worked for her so. I guess it's a good thing.

• i find it is wast of time for men (who are not perfect for modeling).

• Well apparently there are hot single Russians, Asians, Moms and many more that are interested in me and are in my area. So I guess if I started using a dating site I'd be set!

• It's just the age we live in these days

• It's stupid, and the people who try it should feel bad.

• I met my fiancee on a Catholic dating site, so... no.

What Girls Said 13

• Nope. Met my boyfriend online and it's almost our one year anniversary. I couldn't be happier with him and it all started with a few clicks! B)

• look, it works for some and not for others. i wouldn't do it. he'd have to be somethin else for me to even consider it. i just never imagined my love story playing out over the internet.

i respect that it is the way to go for some people.

• If that's how someone finds their happiness cares.

• not really. You can find love everywhere.

• I don't get the point either. I've tried but I live in a huge city where you have a lot of opportunities to meet people. Sometimes it's fun to chat with people, but I think I only had one date that started on internet, I cannot measure chemistry online. Maybe some people can and that's fine, but I like the real thing, at some bar, club or through mutual friends.

• i find it not true... because everyone could say stuff online and act fake!!! something that they really are not... so agree with you

• Works for some people

• when you say "online dating" are you talking about people who date eacother online and never or rarely meet or people who make profiles and go on dates in real life?

• No , but the Real problem is the fake people

• Yeah I am old fashioned and go on dates where we see each other face to face

• Yes I hate it so muchhh

• exactly !

i mean meeting online and then taking it to real life thats fine but dating online? really?

it just screams of desperation and comitment issues tbh

• I don't think it's stupid but I tried online dating and I believe I met the worse men from dating online so I'm honestly going to not online date anymore