How long should you take to get to know someone?

How long should you date someone to really feel like you know them? To feel like they know you? How much is too long?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say date them for a few months. It's not possible to come up with a fixed range for everybody. Different people open up differently and accept differently. However, the average stats show that dating someone for a few months 6-12 should give you an overall feel of what he's all about. But having said that, people date for years and still struggle to know enough about their partner. It all depends on the quality of the relationship. People open up quicker if they love, trust and are committed to the relationship. That's the key :)

• wow much longer than I'd expect! I've been seeing someone for a month and I feel like we hardly get each other. I don't really know/feel like he's trying to share his deeper thoughts with me and I don't know if he's trying to get to know me. I can't tell! :/

• 1 month is definitely very short amount of time. Its obvious for you and your partner to NOT be able to know much or tell much about each other's feelings, but go ahead and take your time and things will unfold slowly.

• yeah, things are getting better already!!

Most Helpful Girl

• More than 1 year.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It's honestly one of those things where you just know. It's different for everyone. After a couple of months of dating or something, you do begin to know them. You begin to be able to read each other's minds. But I kind of think you just know when there's a certain moment... Like if he's upset and you can just figure out the exactly problem without even asking or something.