Scared to be in a relationship?

I tell myself I really want a boyfriend , someone to love me but then I feel like I'm not ready for one when someone likes me and wants to take the relationship to the next step. I feel like I would be awkward because I'm not comfortable with myself so how would I be comfortable with someone else. I get this feeling inside of people like I'm disgusted or insecure and I don't know what it is someone help me understand this

I've been in relationships before but while I'm in them I want to stop dating. After we break up or if there being mean or dry with me it makes me want them more.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have enough confidence. It's a difficult thing to get over, but gradually work on building you confidence up. Guys love a confident girl just as much as girls love a confident guy. DON'T jump into a relationship just because you think you should have one. I did that only to later realize that the girl I was dating wasn't what I was looking for. We spent 2 years together before I figured out what I wanted in a relationship. And trust me, you don't know it now, but being single has a lot of perks. You won't be awkward in a relationship. I always feel like I will be, but when I remember what it was like when I first started dating my ex, I remember that I thought the same thing. You kind of grow into someone when you start dating them until you feel completely comfortable (if they're the right match). I'll clarify that just because someone is the right match, doesn't mean they are the one for you. It just means that you're compatible. They're the one when you're compatible, they are what you look for in a guy, and you are what they look for in a girl. My last relationship had all of this except that my girlfriend wasn't what I was looking for. It can't work out when one is missing.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing wrong with you. It's just too soon for you to jump into a relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• "I feel like I'm not ready for one when someone likes me and wants to take the relationship to the next step."

I know high school is one spawning pool of "whose dating who" conversations but not one person i know at my age has looked back and reflected on a high school relationship. At that age.. you're so far from who you will become as an adult that any relationship is mostly a good way to pass the time and learn about humping. Outside of that.. i wish i had kept up with my sports and after school activities.

The reason being is once you reach adulthood, it becomes impossible to dedicate as much time as you could as a high school student to music, dance, sports or whatever you want to explore about yourself.

Sure the idea of a boyfriend as you've mentioned might seem nice but if you're having doubts? don't do it..

• You won't get over it unless you face it.

• Srsly don't bother with relationship stuff

What Girls Said 0