Guys, Muslim guys are you allowed to go for a coffee with a female friend?

And would it be any different if that friend was married and you were really observant?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe you are allowed but it's best for people to be around or in the same room as you both. And to be very honest it's best for your husband, male relative or even another woman to accompany you.

Because it's considered "improper" or "informal" for a non related man and woman to be alone in a room together in Islam. Even if you're cousins if they're both cousins its still seen as improper. I mean like olden days "improper", chivalry in a way.

But this is Islamic custom, a formal and customary way for Muslims to act around each other.

I'm Muslim and I hang out with friends that are girls and female classmates. But I tend to be in a group of at least three.

What Guys Said 4

• The MH has described very much the way I would have :)

If strictly Islamic then a woman isn't allowed to go out with any male except the husband. Even while stepping out of the house she is to be accompanied by a male relative father / brother / husband failing which it's punishable as per the Shariat :) This is the law too in the Middle East especially the UAE. If the cops out there see a girl alone outside they will question her and initiate appropriate action which isn't a monetary fine. If found with someone other than a close relative or husband, the punishment is unimaginable :)

• I didn't understand clearly what you mean.

• Go out and have a coffee. Or lunch or something. Is that allowed? It's not like a date. But say your friend is married, is it allowed?

• yea its ok if we go for a coffee and its ok if she is married

• They are also humans