Guys, do you want to be looked after when you're not feeling well?

My boyfriend has the stomach flu and he's just plain miserable. Whenever I'm sick he usually stays with me and looks after me, especially if I'm throwing up. He's a proud guy so he won't typically ask for help, but do you guys like when your girlfriend takes care of you when you're sick? I don't want to hover but he's so uncomfortable so I just want to be with him and rub his back but I don't want to embarrass him.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Women do things like that today?

• Haha yep. But he's done his fair share of comforting and hair holding along the way, so I kind of owe him- when he's cleaned up your puke and doesn't break up with you, you know it's love I reckon bahaha

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah actually that would be nice, I don't get often like rarely ever, but when do I'm often sick as a dog so it would help if I didn't have to do everything myself when I feel like crap.

• I absolutely want some looking after when I'm not feeling well, but I understand some guys have a lot of pride and hesitate to show when they are hurting or weak, especially in front of people they really care about. He may not want to be "mothered" by you, he might just want company, or maybe some help with chores that he isn't really up to doing

• if your home alone with him its not that embarrassing.

• yeah, sometimes we turn into little kids when we are really sick and just want someone to take care of us

• Yeah I kind of opted to just do it instead of waiting for him to ask. He's always a tough guy but nobody likes throwing up and plus he always holds my hair when I'm sick without complaining so he's earned this one hahaha

• Simply ask him if its okay that you come over.
    That way he can say no if he's embarrassed but still say yes if he's ok with it.

• Hahah we live together, so it's not really an option in terms of my being around

• Pfff hahahaha ^^

• Yes it is nice to get a bit of TLC when we're not feeling so good

• Oh, I absolutely want that. Not anyone will admit it, but i love it when there is someone there to care for me, bring me a hot tea or soup and be there with me. Kinda wish I had a girlfriend now..

• I would want someone to take care of me when I'm ill. Especially if it was my girlfriend. A lot of the time there is a sort of macho culture in men. They may be a bit proud but if you persist, they'll get used to it and do

• yeah i would like that, you are going out your way to help me its nice

• It won't embarrasses him, I'd like it after all your a couple