Crush on the lifeguard at the local pool... Help on asking him out please?

So to start off I've known the guy for almost 2 years now (not know, but know of him). I started talking to him by asking about the swim lessons he does with kids (I have a younger sibling who doesn't know how to swim). He told me where to grab his number, and I did... We talked some more about other things and got a sense of who each of us are (or at least it seems that way to me...). I texted him, and he was really nice about the swim classes and explained how they work to me some more. Now I want to ask him out... I don't know if I should do it in person or over text and how. If you can please help! (BTW I'm a girl, he's well he's a guy haha).

What Guys Said 1

• but wait... did he saw any interest towards u or he was just being nice helpin u about swim lessons?

"We talked some more about other things and got a sense of who each of us are (or at least it seems that way to me...)"

^so wot r those things about?

• Where we are both from what we study in school etc.

I think he's into me but he seems shy and I want to make the first move...

• Ah nice then.

Guess u can ask him for a coffee or dimner after finishin a conv u had atm

What Girls Said 0