Would taking a girl I don't know to a cemetery be a bad or good Idea, on the first date (Read details)?

My first date idea with a girl I just met is to go on a ghost tour, then to eat at chili's and maybe to a cemetery to ghost hunt, I dont want to tell her what we are doing just want it to be a surprise, but should I save the ghost hunt for another time, or bring it up while we eat, or just skip it all together.

• Skip the ghost hunt.
  • Tell her about the ghost hunt, and see how she reacts.
  • Go on ghost hunt at the cemetery with out telling her.
I'm trying to give more than just a date, I'm trying to give an experience.
Thank you guys, y'all were a big help, she enjoyed the date, get to set up a second, and some time a ghost hunting trip.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a good idea for a first date, unless this is a girl that you already know is super into that kind of stuff... like if one of the things that attracted you guys to each other was talking about stuff like that, then it's a great idea... but if it's something you're not 100% sure she would LOVE, then it's a really, really risky first date idea. It has the potential to come off as super creepy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think having really out there and interesting dates is a good idea, but this may be a a bit too far out in left field for the first date... props though for actually finding something creative.

What Girls Said 4

• well, definitely at least bring up the ghost hunt before you do it.. i don't think thats a really good idea for a first date lol. maybe when you know each other better or you know she definitely wants to do that.

• It really depends on the girl. Personally my ideal guy would do something like that, because i grew up with a mom who is a paranormal investigator, and have yet to find a guy who is interested in that part of my life. For most people, It wouldn't be a good idea.

• This really depends on her. I would love a date like that, but I know other women would be creeped out or would think you are a total weirdo. Have a backup plan if you get there and she's not into it.

• i would have been creeped out!!! xD don't count on having her see you after it (unless she is into it as well)>

What Guys Said 5

• I would recommend bowling. Ghost hunt for the first date sounds iffy to me. Also, keep in mind that your cemetery plan seems to involve her being alone with you - a guy she just met - at night in a secluded area... and you didn't feel like telling her about it ahead of time... kinda suspicious.

I wouldn't start off with a restaurant. As part of the first date, sure, but I would suggest starting with an activity that gives you both something to do during conversation pauses (which, although natural, can be quite awkward during a first date) and gives ample opportunity to chat (so not a movie). Then finish up with a nice dinner somewhere if she has the time. Also, stick to public places where there will be other people around.

• I suggested the ghost tour to my then wife a few years ago and she thought it was a stupid idea. I don't believe in ghosts but I thought the tour was entertaining. However, if this is a first date, don't take a chance on doing something that your date might think is stupid. Stay with the safe, tried and true first date ideas. There's enough to worry about on a first date without worrying about how she will react to your surprise date idea.

• I am trying to give more than just a date, I'm trying to give am experience.

• Go for the experience after you have established a little bit of a relationship. Otherwise, you are taking a chance. Obviously, you want to impress this girl, but you don't need to do this to make a good impression. Invite her to a nice restaurant, dress nicely, use good manners and be chivalrous (open doors for her, etc.,) don't try to be too forward with her on the first date. . . you'll make a good impression.

• I personally think this is a really weird idea. I'd rather choose something more engaging. Definitely not C).

• I don't think it's a bad idea. Although I believe that there are better alternatives. Let her get to know you first then save that kinda event for October w/ additional friends.

• i would tell her first see how see takes it, if you just taker her there you could really freak her out