What are the pros and cons to dating your best friend?

I think it's self explanatory. What do you think are the pros and cons to dating your best friend?

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Pros: We'd already know so much about each other, and we could get even closer with an intimate relationship.

Cons: My best friend is a guy... and we're both straight.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Pros:
    1. He's familiar with your bad side.
    2. You're more or less aware of each other's relationship history.
    3. You're comfortable with each other.
    4. It's exciting.
    5. There's always something to talk about.
    Cons:
    *Crickets chirping*

1|0
    1|2

What Guys Said 6

• Pros...
    1.) You know you get along to a certain degree because you were friends before.
    2.) If there has been any awkward sexual tension before between you two, it now has a place to go. (Sometimes people like each other and are just too afraid to make a move)
    3.) Some people treat relationships like their best friend, so hey, you already got that part done.

Cons...
    1.) It may be difficult to break through the "friendship" mentality into the dating mentality.
    2.) If the romantic relationship is ruined, your friendship may be screwed over too, or at least become very awkward.
    3.) You'll learn everything about your best friend, and he may not be as pleasant as you first imagined.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pros- It can be nice at first and lot of love

Cons- It can ruin a friendship with never
    being friends again or the friendship
    will never be the same

0|1
    0|0
  • Pro: a great relationship
    Con: If it doesn't work out. RIP friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • Pros are obvious cons are irrelevant.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pro: you know and love each other, you know you get along well,…
    Con: if the relationship ends, you and him/her will probably have a hard time going back to being friends

0|0
    0|0
  • You should always be best friends with your lover

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Cons would be mostly at the beginning, when you're sure you look at them as more than a friend and have to decide whether or not you're willing to risk losing your friendship over letting them know how you feel. If it works out and you guys start dating, it's a bit difficult to make that transition to best friends to couple, so joking around about it helps a lot.

Pros? You start the relationship a few steps ahead. You already know where both of you stand on many issues, you might have already met their family so there'll be no fancy introduction. Your emotional connection is already pretty sound too, so once you guys are both ready, it's just a matter of your sexual relationship catching up to the rest. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Pros: You're dating your best friend.
    Cons: If it goes south, you lose a boyfriend AND a best friend. :/
    wallpaper.ultradownloads.com.br/...a_2048x1536.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Only one con, and it's a biggie: if the dating relationship doesn't last, when it goes, the friendship might go with it.
    But the pros are everything about this person that makes them your best friend. This is the person you most like being with, the person you can already tell anything, the person who knows all your bad habits and embarrassing secrets and still loves you. What a fabulous foundation for a lover.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pros:
    1 you both already know eachother well
    2 you can goof around with them and not be worried about them thinking your weird
    3 it strengthens a strong bond you already have, so there's already a stron emotional connection/ support

Cons:
    1 it would be hard to go back to just friends
    2 if things end really badly then you've also lost your best friend, which would hurt so much more
    3 it might lead to akwar scocial situations if you have the same group of friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Cons : you can't be friends with someone you loved. So unless y'all are gonna get married don't expect to be buddy's after you break up. it doesn't work believe me I learned the hard way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well pros for me: I'm marrying my best friend
    cons for me: ya i got none

0|0
    0|1