Do you agree parents should love their children more than their partner?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• A parent should never be put in the position of choosing between their partner and their children. When you get married, you take a vow to forsake all others; that means you don't let anyone (including your child) come between you and your partner. However, making your partner your highest priority doesn't mean that you always jump and do whatever your partner wants, even if it means neglecting your child.

Remember, children will grow up, leave home, and have their own lives. If you have a successful relationship, your partner will be with you forever.

When FSU (coached by Bobby Bowden) played Clemson (coached by Terry Bowden) in football in 1999, Ann Bowden was interviewed and asked who she was cheering for. She replied, "Don't be foolish. Terry's my son and I love him dearly, but I'm going home with Bobby!" She got it right.

Most Helpful Girl

• No the love of a parent and child are equal, the child shouldn't get more love than the partner and the partner shouldn't get more love than the child.

The child is the first priority. There's a difference between that and love.

Love is how much you care, respect, and adore a person, and you love the child and the partner, you shouldn't quantify how much love someone is giving for someone.

But whatever happens, the child should be priority, for both the parents, this does not mean they are loving the child more, this is their job and they are helping the child's future.

What Guys Said 9

• I think it's weird to quantify devotion like that.

• Their quality of love should be equal for their partner and children. You can't quantify love. For example, tons of people think money can buy love. If that's true, why do rich people support destruction, greed, and violence? Embrace the Venus Project.

• I think that's already the case some marriages are kept only because of shared interest in the kids

• I'm on the fence. I voted no cuz I think I lean more that way. Don't get me wrong I love my kids more than anything including air! And I love to breathe! However I wouldn't have my kids if it wasn't for her. She'll never know how much I love her

• There's no need to love one more than the other. Although it does happen, but it's not necessary.

• Not if its the partner they had the children with...

• A person should love their partner and children equally.

• No. That's a recipe for disaster.

• It's really a different type of love.

What Girls Said 8

• Children have to come before everything else. If your spouse wanted a hug and your kid wanted a hug you should hug the kid first. That's the burden of having children.

• That's showing priority, doesn't mean you love one more than the other.

• Well if woman want to have child since she is kid and its her priority.. She care just about kid. But other people can have priority find love of life... if they find great husband there is reason love their spouse less

• Wow. Way to not take my answer into account. Great job.

• Equally, however... Differently, @Karthusha. xx

• I disagree just because you can't compare love. I don't have children so I don't know what it's like. People break up all the time but it shouldn't be a reason to think love in a relationship can't be as strong as love between parents and children

• no.. sorry.. i would love them equally.. my husband would be as important to me as my kids..

• Well I think it's not the same type of love. The love I would feel for my partner would be romantic love and what I feel for my children would be somewhat different so I don't think something like that can really be measured. But if I had to give a specific answer, I would most likely love my children and spouse the same "amount."

• Here I don't get that feeling at all :/

• Who would stay with their husband if they knew he was touching the daughter or son children should come first

• You can't really compare the two, because the love you have for your children is parental love, family love. Your SO is someone you are in love with. Loving someone is different than being in love with someone.