Girls, would you date a guy who is slightly overweight, if he had a handsome face, and nice toned arms?

I am slightly overweight. My BMI is literally 25 (which is just past the border between average and overweight. But I've been told that i have a really handsome face. And i also lift a lot, so my arms are pretty big and muscular.

Would you date a guy like that?

• Yes
    77% (20)
  • No
    23% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

11

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• Nope, not into overweight dudes. I like them on the skinnier side.

• BMI is a really bad indicator because there are so many things that it doesn't take into consideration such as the proportion of muscle to fat in your body. Our biology teacher is classified as overweight but when you look at him, he's got a lot of muscle and looks perfectly fine. However, to answer your question, I wouldn't really date a guy like that but it depends. I normally go for the built type, which are tall.

• No because I care about more than just looks and you seem way too overly concerned with it..

• Yeah, the face is much more important than the body.

• Yes, I don't care that much about body shape as long as you've got a good personality

• Yes. I care about the face more than the body.

• I'm not dating right now, but let me say that there are a lot of attractive men who are overweight, "borderline" overweight, and guys who are just carrying a little extra fluff. It in and of itself can be nice, too.

And just so you know, if you poll women on body types, very few of them would go for the giant, ripped, hulking masses of muscle. I usually see votes split between healthy/athletic/average muscle and those with a little additional weight.

And one more... a lot of women say that they are attracted to nice arms. You say you have them.

In the end, the person inside of you will keep the good people in your life. If a woman leaves or insults you for the body you're in, then I hope you can understand that you "dodged a bullet" (as the saying goes), even if it hurts to let go.

• Also, the BMI method is not great for judging these things. It does not take into account bone size, muscle, body type, or height properly. I've know very thin girls who were labeled "overweight" or "obese" because the system is flawed.

The best results come from hydrostatic underwater weighing. For something more accessible, I recommend a body fat caliper: www.amazon.com/s
      Be sure to watch tutorials, however, as they can be easily messed up.

• I've dated a few guys that were overweight, so yes. I am fit and work out, by the way.

One guy seemed really nice and funny, and had these gorgeous green eyes. He was exactly my height, but overweight. We lived together until I found out he cheated on me.

Years later, I started dating an overweight guy that was shorter than me. He was really sweet, shy, but funny once he opened up. We had almost everything in common (in terms of movie, music, games, food); he was trying to work out more after we met. He moved away and thought it would be too difficult to keep a relationship.

So yes I would date a guy like you, as long as we got along and we respected each other. :) Personality > Weight

• Only if they can't do anything about it, but otherwise, I wouldn't date someone who doesn't take care of themselves

• I work out for an hour, 5 days a week, and i play football

• yes of course, the personality matters not the weight :)

can you please help me with this? thank you!
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1645004-what-will-you-react-if-you-receive-a-message-like-this-from-the-girl