What to expect when you go on a date?

Me and this guy are going for lunch tomorrow but I'm really nervous and I've never been on a date before. What should I do? And is there anything I need to know?

I'm also kinda shy till I become comfortable around someone which takes a while. Also what should I talk about? Should I ask him questions about himself? Sorry I'm just really nervous

Most Helpful Guy

• He should treat you respectfully. When a first date is in the middle of the day, there is less expectation that there will be any kissing or affection. If there is an uncomfortable lull in the conversation, ask him a question bout himself, his family, his interests. Don' try to act like someone else. Be yourself and realize that the guy who have a lunch date with when you're 17 is probably not the one who is The One for you. This is for fun and for practice. The more you do this, the more comfortable it will become.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm shy too and used to have anxiety and panic attacks, but that was because of my dad. Now, that he's gone I've been a lot more calm. I just started dating since turning 16. When I go on dates I talk a lot to the point they start laughing and ask if they can talk. I usually ask about there family, what they like to, movies, and just anything that pops into my head. You should ask him about himself so he'll know that you're really interested in him. I don't chew gum or eat mints during a date because I think they leave after tastes. I chew on mint leaves.

What Guys Said 2

• I keep my expectations low... just relax and see what happens.

• He will want you to have a good time so have a good time!

What Girls Said 1

• just speak a lot and have fun!