Is online dating definitely one of the best ways to meet people?

According to a recent study, 41% of couples in the US met online, so I'd say the online dating is the norm these days. It's definitely one of the best ways to meet people?

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating is on the rise, especially with people being more and more busy these days!

However, for men it's a tough road to mainly use online dating instead of in-person interactions. Women get absolutely bombarded with messages and matches online, to the point that she obviously can't sort through them all, so some end up unanswered, or with less attention.

However, every guy SHOULD have a profile on a dating website, and browse it on occasion in down time, but shouldn't invest too heavily in it time-wise. He should focus on in-person interactions with women as the primary hunting ground!

• And for guys that don't have facebook, and take almost no selfies/photos?

Most Helpful Girl

• My name is Katrina, and I just want to say its been a pleasure, I met my husband Stuart on an Interracial site: BLACKWOMENCUPID. com and we been married 6mths now... I love him so much, he is sweet, handsome and so responsible and we can't wait to start a family. I am Jamaican and he is a New Zealander, we got married in beautiful Jamaica and day I will always cherish.

Advice to other members:
    I know that it gets tedious sometimes and it seems like you will never find your match but don't give up. Like me u might be on the site for two years but you mr. right might be on for one day and find you. I am living proof that online dating works, keep searching you will both find each other. Thanks for reading my story and to the site for giving me the man of my dreams. Good luck and god bless you.

What Guys Said 16

• Online dating is how I met my wife. We are an eHarmony couple with 9 happy years of marriage under our belts.

• I tried that once, but it said there were no matches for me, lol.

• @genuinlysensitive

No, I had many matches. I recall having some 70 matches (at some stage of communication) at the height of my activity. Into this mix, my future wife was matched to me at the 7 month point. We began communication, escalated rapidly and met face to face after less than 3 weeks. She and I have been exclusive since then. 10+ years together, 9 of them married.

• Lol as I said I had zero.

• I struggle to believe that survey, I would love to see their proof.

• I use it but I prefer meeting people in person. It's just hard because most of the time I go out, it's at bars. I've gotten some women at bars but only when they approached me first and it's just been a hookup at most.

I'm not saying online dating doesn't work, but there's so much competition on there. Both men and women play the field so it's been hard to find something long term.

• that's debatable the only reason I even did the whole long distance, online thing is because I knew both women in question in the flesh for years.

• Not best, but easiest. A lot of catfishing and lying online. Best way to meet people would be party and friend of friend.

• if you are a woman, I suppose. You'll have a lot of options that way.

• There's no way that's true.

• No, but if it works for some tthen great!

• Is pretty much the only way for me to meet people... sad isn't it.

• "41% of couples in the US"

or 41% of people in that specific study?

• I have a hard time believing in that survey.

• Well i used online dating for almost a year and not even once i got a date.

• I'd agree for the most part actually but I would think meeting them in person is actually better but since in this world it's hard to get around I agree with you but the thing is social media are too complicated sometimes.

• definitely not true for men

• It's not a bad way of meeting people unless you are ugly like me, then your only salvation is surgery. Also i don't think onlinedating is good for everyone since some people i know aren't very good at expressing themselves in words. That doesn't have to mean the person has a bad personality. Online dating can also be missleading since people can put false information about themselves in the description. Worst of all you may not know if the person is real or fake but i guess everyone her already knows about this.

• Does that include hookups?

Cuz I might be 25% of that stat, lol

What Girls Said 5

• i dont give a shit bout the norm. I'm going to meet my man in the flesh.

• Online dating is awesome, because you can put out there exactly who you are, your very specific dating parameters, what you are willing to compromise on (and what you aren't) and what things turn you off/on. You can weed out about 90% of people this way. The 10% that fit your guidelines and happen to contact you wanting similar things will either be a match in chemistry and attraction, or they won't. At least you have a solid base to start with.

• What about those who use misleading pictures or just want attention? Those are hard to spot at first.

• I think it is.
    You're exposed to way more people online than in person. And making the first move is probably easier behind a screen than having to go talk to someone. And if you get rejected, it's not as bad as an in-person rejection.

• What study? I personally dont think so because there is no face to face contact.

• Worst way to meet people pool of sharks