Will I get called a slut if I approach a guy first?

I'm starting a new high schools soon, and just for future reference, will I get called a slut if I approach a guy first? Whether it's through talking texting etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• No you won't. We guys appreciate that, it shows you're a strong independent woman that doesn't give a shit about what society says, and who goes for what she wants.
    In HS many guys don't care much about this, but in the future, grown men do, so better get comfortable approaching guys when you're young so that you have no problem when you're out of HS.

Most Helpful Girl

• Approaching a guy for sex... Yes that would be slutty
    But approaching a guy for anything else (a date, asking for number etc) is completely fine and not slutty in any way.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't get where this whole "Is it slutty for the girl to approach first?" thing came from. It's kind of annoying and easy to explain. You can initiate conversation and no one except maybe a very few people will think this. Sometimes jealous females will call each other a slut because a girl actually had the guts to initiate conversation but they shouldn't matter anyway. The only way a guy may see you as a slut for approaching is if you did it in a very sultry and sexual way but having a normal conversation will not trigger any remarks of you being a slut with normal (and probably even most abnormal) men.

• Do you prefer having the guy and be called a slut or do nothing and be called "who?"
    In high school, any reason is a good reason to call people stuff it seems. Whatever you do, you might be called something. Learn to not care soon... If you like the guy, go after him.

• Nope, I highly doubt it. Just go for it. :)

But people don't need a good reason to call anyone anything, they just do it because they can or to feel good about themselves.

• I wouldn't think so, a lot of guys, like me, appreciate a girl hitting on them for a change

What Girls Said 3

• You probably will be, but those people are idiots. A slut is someone with multiple casual sex partners. Now, if you start sleeping with the while football team... That's a different story.

It's perfectly fine being the one to initiate first. That's how I met my guy.

• No!! A lot of girls do that. The only thing that i would worry about is approaching someone who is taken or approaching too many at once. My guy friends sometimes tell me that they don't wanna take the girl seriously because she talks to a lot of guys. 😐 I know double standards

• Yeah I see what ur saying, and ikr

• No you won't just don't sleep with them super fast without a relationship first. but try not to do it at all they will talk about you. you are FRESH meat

• True. Don't just approach every single guy you think is cute, and also don't sleep with every guy that says you're beautiful.
      If you are true to your standards and morals, and respect yourself, people will admire you. You will get those jealous people that will wanna bring you down, but that's because they wanna be you.

• Im firm on the no sex until marriage thing so that shouldn't be a problem.

• hey girlfriend its hard tho a lot of girls get pressured you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. there are some slick guys out there and @aledeeurope thats beautiful and so true!!