Is cuddling considered cheating?

Okay so I'm a 16 year old girl (nearly 17) and I have a lot of guy friends and we're all pretty close. So I'm a really cuddly person, I like hugging everyone and yesterday I was hanging with one of my guy friends and we were cuddling on the couch watching netflix. He had his arm around me and my head was on his chest. For me this was pretty normal and neither of us are interested in each other (that way). This morning I was telling my boyfriend about my day yesterday and I told him about this and he freaked out and isn't talking to me anymore. I have no idea what I've done wrong and what to do about it? Help?

• Yes
  • No
  • From what you've described, Yes
  • From what you've described, No

Most Helpful Guy

• you have to be on the same page and have a really understanding relationship when it comes to things of that nature. some may say it's cool, others not so much. in your case you guys don't have that going on and he's right to be upset.
    if you know you're into that stuff but know it's not a big deal, ya gotta warn a guy first

What Guys Said 14

• yeah I would be like "what the fuck" too.

doesn't matter if you two are "just friends", I see that as an intimate moment.

• Its not cheating, but it comes uncomfortablly close. Its a sign of intimacy and its not with your boyfriend which it in most relationships is reserved for. Basicly its the equivalent of flirting you may not mean any thing by it, but your advertising yourself as available to others when your already in a relationship which is disrespectful to your boyfriend and rather confusing to the other guy since it sends signals to him that your interested. So its understandable that this would make him uncomfortable. Talk to him and try to explain that you didn't realize it would upset him you didn't think it was inappropriate which is why you mentioned it to begin with and it won't happen again. Thats honestly the best you can do and keep it in mind for future reference.

• Wow that's a douche move... you should tell him BEFORE you do that. Some guys are ok with it, but if you're in a serious relationship it is usually the fastest way to piss him off. I would be furious if I was him. My ex did something similar, but it wasn't cuddling. She went to the movies with a mutual friend and texted thesexact words to me when she told me "he asked me out so I went to the movies with him". We were dating for over 1.5 years at that point and I flipped shit. She never understood why I was mad, and still doesn't, but when the story was explained it turns out that she was going with him and one of her girl friends, but the girl canceled and she still went with him. She also told me in the dumbest way possible and I still can't figure out why the hell she thought that saying that was a good idea. Needless to say we broke up because I couldn't deal with her bullshit anymore.

• Yes it is. A hug is totally fine, but cuddling no.

• It's not cheating. Put cuddle is for some is kind of intimate due to the closeness of it. I think your fine doing that when your single and maybe with a guy more loose, but obviously he doesn't like it which isn't a bad thing either. I don't think I would like my wife cuddling with a guy friend even if she known him for years and me the same.

• Cheating is typically sexual, but this much physical affection is just weird. Not cheating though.

• Not cheating in the strictest sense, but yeah your boyfriend getting agitated is quite understandable

• Only the extremely close minded see that as cheating. Me and my girlfriend don't care about small things like that.

• hugging is fine. cuddling while watching netflix is cheating to me... unless we have discussed it to be ok beforehand.

• Your boyfriend wouldn't like that... so Yes That's cheating.

• I see nothing wrong with what you did. Some people just like cuddling.

• I wouldn't say cheating but it's a cause for concern.
    I agree with your boyfriend here.

• Yeah it would hurt me to know i had a girlfriend who was cuddling a male friend

• I wouldn't call it cheating... but it's definitely not cool.
    Would you like if your boyfriend were cuddling with other hot girls?
    I'm guessing no.

What Girls Said 13

• Would you be okay with your boyfriend if he did the same with one of his girl friends? If he put his arm around her and let her rest her head on his chest while they watched a movie together?

That's cheating in my books. What you've done wrong is gotten a bit overly flirty/physical with someone you're not in a relationship with. All you can do at this point is apologize, stop being so touchy with others regardless of whether or not you're interested in them or not, and prove to your boyfriend you're all for him, not others.

• Yes basically it's cheating. Usually when people cuddle it's showing a sign of affection for one another.

But the fact that you openly admitted it to your boyfriend, you honest didn't think nothing of it, and you SBD your friend don't have feelings for each other all you can do isbeg your boyfriend for forgiveness and explain that you didn't know and that nothing serious happened. That you didn't mean to hurt him and that you care about him deeply.

• That is absolutely crossing the line and no... You don't cuddle with guy friends. That does not sound like a normal male female friendship that is platonic.

• Yes, I would consider it cheating. Cuddling is intimate. Intimacy happens with people with whom you have an intimate bond. AKA your boyfriend.

I'd be PISSED if I were in your boyfriend's shoes.

• Simply because even though you two aren't interested in each other it's crossing the line in respect of your relationship. x

• I find it extremely disrespectful towards your boyfriend. If he happened to have no problem with it? it's your relationship, your decision but obviously he has a problem with it and I find his reaction totally normal.
    Cuddling is something you do as a couple, especially that kind of cuddling.

• and even if he didn't, it would be and indication of your value to him... or lack thereof.

• Once you are in a relationship, that kind of physical contact is off limits with anyone else.

• well i would never talk to my guy if he did that with his friend.. it's a bit acceptable if one is single.. but not when you are in a relationship.. and one should remain single if they want to ''cuddle'' every one..

• Well basically your intentions are what matter most but you need to be careful not to get touchy with other guys as you have a boyfriend.

• yeah i think it is. i know i wouldn't want my boyfriend being close or cuddling another girl like that.. thats kind of an intimate thing for me. i don't go out and cuddle just anybody.

• This is why men fuck us over

• Emotional cheating yes

• In your case, it is, but if he'd been okay with it, no.