Why would my ex say that he's sad that he's leaving me, then get mad?

My ex boyfriend said that he's sad that he will leaving the country soon (he's looking to find a job somewhere else). Before that he asked me what my plans are after graduation. Then he said that he will be sad if he leaves me and that he would like to share his journey with someone.

I tried making him feel better about it, by saying that everything will be alright and that one has to go through hard times in order to get what they deserve. But after a while he lashed out at me? Why would he say those things to me first and then get mad when I tried to console him?

Most Helpful Guy

• He might have a form of mental illness. Many nuts out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea what is wrong with him. Maybe he wanted you to offer to go with him?

• Possibly. I told him once before we broke up that I'd like to go with him if he ever went abroad..

What Guys Said 1

• as male i just say he really loves you and doesn't want you to taken by other male so its depend on your choice

What Girls Said 1

• He still has feelings for you