16 and never had a boyfriend or been kissed?

Hey, i'm 16 mixed race and British living in england and i've never had a boyfriend or been kissed before, I'm friends with a lot of guys and girls and i get lots of compliments from both genders and i would say i'm quite outgoing witty and kinda sarcastic, and my friends think i'm really funny. Loads of my friends have had their first kiss and lots more kisses and have had at least 1 boyfriend. I've never drank, smoked, taken drugs, or been to a party/rave before, is this why no one has ever asked me out?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl I am in the exact same boat and I haven't a clue I am hoping some good will come from this waiting. You are beautiful and you will find someone when the time is right for it to happen. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Hey it's you again! well I had my first kiss when I was 17 and I haven't had a girlfriend yet. Wouldn't hurt to go to a party at least once, you don't have to drink or do drugs, there's always at least 6 or 7 in a party of 30 who don't. Yea, it is easier to ask a girl out that likes to party, but not impossible. Tell some of your friends if you like someone, chances are they will help you get with him. You are pretty so I can see how it would be hard to ask you out.

• It could be just random, but it helps if you signal a guy that you like him. Hold his gaze, smile at him, ask him stuff.

• its not a big deal or uncommon. well i wouldn't drink or smoke to get a boyfriend, that usually if not always ends bad. but there's nothing wrong with you, i didn't go to parties till college but hanging out with friends more could help.

• Sounds pretty normal if you ask me.

• Don't worry too much about it, you are are pretty, with a great personality, you have plenty of time to get a boyfriend. And get yourself out there, at parties and festivals. Just be confident in yourself and you will find a guy soon enough.

• Thanks, sometimes i feel like people see me as the shy quiet girl so i act like the quiet girl and i feel like that puts my confidence down sometimes...

• It's understandable that you'll be shy, considering your situation, but getting yourself out there meeting people will tear some of the shyness away, just go at your own pace, don't feel pressured into getting with a guy, and/or sleeping with one.

• Premarital sex is so mainstream ha-ha!
    I live in the moment most of the time.

Remember that only a virgin such as yourself can tame a unicorn!

What Girls Said 2

• You're really pretty so maybe guys are scared to approach you because of that. They might think you're too good for them.

• Thanks but how can i show i'm not too good for them?

• I've never had my first kiss either or had a boyfriend. I always wondered why too until my friends told me it was because I was too "proper." I'm also a shy person. People would tell me that I'm pretty and I'd be thinking well if that's the case why haven't I had such and such before. I didn't start getting approached by guys until this year when I decided to change a little bit. Instead of being all like "I'm not going to talk to him until he talks to me," I decided to take the initiative. I don't drink or party unless I throw one. I smoke (weed) but I've always done that occasionally but I don't recommend getting into it. Basically just put yourself out there a little bit in a good way. No drinking, smoking, or partying every night. Maybe try going to one party and see how you like it just to be a little more out there.

I hope I explained this good. 😊

• It's normal, don't worry about it. When I was 16 I haven't been kissed as well.