Do men just see new girlfriends as only new sex partners?

It just seems like when people break up its not a big deal and there is no emotion. I know some people like to hide it but there is a difference between hiding your emotion and just not giving a shit.
Its just I see men and even women who were in long term relationships and getting a new boyfriend less than 6 months later. And it's like people go from partner to partner like its nothing and without taking a break. And the way guys talk about girlfriends they make it seem like its just casual and break ups are like a matter of fact thing

And men make it seem like its just new pussy

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's a gendered thing. I used to be the most hopeless romantic you can imagine. Then I went through some shit and learned some stuff and maybe unlearned some stuff too, so these days I have some pretty impossible demands if I'm actually gonna be with someone long-term. Hence I'm open to non-serious dating and seeing where it takes me.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is just another new pussy... sadly to say.

What Guys Said 13

• It takes a while for a girlfriend to become more than just new pussy. Other factors grow over time

But that takes a long time. If pussy is still a dominant factor at the time of break up, it will be fairly easy to get over.

But, I also think you're applying your emotional attachment and strength (or weakness) to men, which was your first flaw in this analysis.

Men don't go all in emotionally until they see the girl is worthy. That's why guys move on quicker after break up, and your would comes crashing down, and you won't date for a while.

Because women, right off the bat, invest all passion and emotion once they fall in love.

A girlfriend is just a pussy for a while. Until the companionship aspect grows, then the emotion, and it's a domino effect from there.

Also, guys don't fall in love like girls do. You fall in love because of our charm, humor, intelligence, because we're handsome, etc...

How do guys fall in love with you? You grow on them. Love develops for us, while it's something that can damn near just be found for you.

• Actually I knew a girl who was with a guy for 6 years and she dumped him and now she is with her new boyfriend for 2 years but she got into a new relationship the same year she dumped her boyfriend

• Well there ya go. You ask, why stay? It's because of implied pussy.

You not telling them they wouldn't get any, is the same as you saying they might.

You were their girlfriend, so the hope was still there.

Which explains why your longest relationship was 5 months.

• He didn't ask to have sex with me.

• When your just dating, not married, unless we are talking multiple years together, by the time you break up things usually have not been very good for a while. So most people are just done and ready to move on. At least 1 of them is. Of course if your not the one, then it looks like they don't care but in reality, they have mourned the loss already and in their mind, moved on a while ago.
    The worst part is if your in a long term relationship or marriage and it happens. That did happen to me. 25 years with a woman and I find never loved me. Threw away our marriage and her family and never shed 1 tear. So, I certainly understand what your saying. knowing why doesn't make it hurt less. but women do it just as much as men.

• What you see is only what you are shown. Finding another partner may just be a way of forgetting or ignoring the pain inside. Be careful how you judge people's reaction to either a broken heart or a death. They all have their own way and you have no idea what's happening inside.

• Honestly, I'd just think they have already detached by the time they choose to break up, so actual change in mindset and behavior occurs while the relationship still exists, but it's actually on the verge of decay.

Of course, some people do jump from partner to partner; but that is not a sex-specific trait.

• A new girlfriend is a new girlfriend you don't have the right to tell people it's too soon, what's too soon for some is just right for others you act like if you met the person of your dreams you wouldn't move on in less than six months

• You don't know what I act like
      Also I never tell people how they should feel I'm going by what I have seen in other relationships and their emotions of the breakup

• You replied to me 2 times. I'm not sure why you are trying to change the subject. You are just proving that you can't hold a logical argument without changing the subject. What part of do not reply don't you understand? Can you not understand my words?

• Why did you go anonymous? I already know why you are. 😂😂😂😂

• Eh. We learn that if you're a guy and you're a romantic... you're going to be emotionally crushed for years, and years. Granted, women decide they suddenly want a "good guy" when they get close to 27 or such, but who wants a woman who spent her best years having casual sex and ignoring guys like you?

Girls teach us that the less we care about women and the more we view them as just sex partners of the month, the happier we'll be. It really works, by the way.

• I've been wanting a good guy ever since I started dating

• Both genders don't have it easy when it comes to dating

• Not at all and why should we?

• The same happens when girls see their sex partners as boyfriends!

• Yeah, i think so

• I see them as new friends I can have sex with. It's not just a new sex partner, sex is just the distinguishing factor. Being attracted to ones friends is very common (at least for guys), the difference with a girlfriend is I actually get to have sex with this particular friend. I want to define it by the emotional openness I feel, but I feel like showing negative emotion is just not worth the risk anymore so I hold off on that until we've been partners for a while already.

What do women see new boyfriends as?

• Thank you for admitting that. It seems a few men want to get angry and act like they have no desire for sex. That's a good question. I'm not in a relationship and I don't really jump from one relationship to another so when I get a new boyfriend it's like having a first boyfriend all over again

• Yes indeed players and many exploiters see them

• Why get upset when you know no relationship is going to last today? You get what you can out of it then move on to the next.

• That is why relationships today are disposable for people they dont mean anything. So if they do not eman anything why care to jump from one person of the other, they better stay single if for them relationhsip means nothing.

• Depends on how quickly y'all get in to having sex

• Lol I never had sex with a boyfriend my relationships were pretty short

• Then they weren't relationships. they were just friendships

What Girls Said 4

• That's why choose your partner wisely. Know who you are and what you want and be clear about it from the start of the relationship.

• I'm pretty sure there are plenty of women who chose their partner wisely only to be hurt

• I honestly think the reason people jump from partner to partner is because the easiest way to numb the pain of losing a person is by replacing them with somebody else

• Maybe it was that casual for the ones you are using as an example.

It so depends on the person.

• fear of comitment leads to less comitment over time and eventually being only 40% there