Is it a little too awkward for a 20 year old man like myself to try to go ask out a 33 year old woman for a relationship?

I'm just wondering. There's this 33 year old woman that I've met. She's a very sweet woman with a very fun side in her (she skydives, plays video games, plays sports, ziplines and all of the fun adrenaline stuffs). She also has a good sense of humor. The problems with me even giving this a shot is that one, we're too far apart from our age difference (13 years apart). Two, she's a single mother of 3 kids (I have absolutely nothing against single moms but I don't know if I'm ready to be a stepdad just yet or if her kids would even tolerate me) and three, I don't know if my level of sense of humor would be good enough to her since she adores a guy with a good sense of humor.

Despite our huge age difference, we still have a lot of common interests (we both enjoy video games and doing crazy things), she looks MUCH younger than her age (she looks more like she's 21 than 33 years olds) and she doesn't really act her age either, lol (not saying that she's immature but she acts just a tad younger than her actual age). Along with that, out of the rest of the girls that I've previously dated and just hung around with who are in my age group, none of them seem to be right for me nor gave me a happy relationship experience. Oddly, it seems as though all of the right women for me are older women (from age 24-33) based on our maturity levels and overall personalities.

What do you GAGers think?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your life but don't you think that you are a little too young to settle down? Especially with an older woman? My mom always told me that men are dummer than women the same age. No offence! I'm not trying to disrespect you here but it's a fact. Sorry for my rudeness. That's why my mom always told me to choose a guy who is at least four years older than me.

I think 13 years are quite a big difference but if you are really happy with her, then go ahead. Try it out for some time and see what is the best for you! It's your life and you can do anything with it! Choose whatever makes you happy <3 I hope this helped :)

• I understand that what you are trying to say are not out of the intention to offend me but still. If these are facts like your mother calls them, then why are the most historically intelligent people mostly men (Again, not mad or offended at you but just bringing up many factors)?

• Yet one of history's most intelligent people and very well known one, is Albert Einstein who is a male. I won't say that men are overall more smarter or women either. I would say men have more logical intelligence while women have more emotional intelligence.

• You are right :)

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm just wondering. There's this 33 year old woman that I've met. She's a very sweet woman with a very fun side in her (she skydives, plays video games, plays sports, ziplines and all of the fun adrenaline stuffs)."

^wow bro.. she's amazing... and very cool for her age... most 33 yo gals aren't like this :D

"The problems with me even giving this a shot is that one, we're too far apart from our age difference (13 years apart). Two, she's a single mother of 3 kids (I have absolutely nothing against single moms but I don't know if I'm ready to be a stepdad just yet or if her kids would even tolerate me) and three, I don't know if my level of sense of humor would be good enough to her since she adores a guy with a good sense of humor."

^-judgin by da description u gave above about her... i believe her interests r closer to a guy in his early-20s!! so i guess np
    -how old r her kids? have u ever meet 'em?
    -each person defines "good sense of humor" in his/her own way... so wot kind of humor she likes?

"Despite our huge age difference, we still have a lot of common interests (we both enjoy video games and doing crazy things), she looks MUCH younger than her age (she looks more like she's 21 than 33 years olds) and she doesn't really act her age either, lol (not saying that she's immature but she acts just a tad younger than her actual age). "

^oh that's awesome! despite da age difference... sounds like u r a perfect match!

"What do you GAGers think?"

^do it! and ignore age difference ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Ask her and see...
    The only way to know.

• you should just ask her and see how it goes

• I guess. She did seem to have a lot of fun getting to know me and everything though.

• that's good. sometimes common feelings and values can override age difference.

• Why on earth would anyone willingly go after a cougar?

What Guys Said 4

• you should definitely go for it! older women are always a big plus because they know how to act and they are experienced

• I don't know though, she seems to be the best match for me out of the rest of the other girls/women but at the same time, I'm just not used to dating older women. I don't even know if she even likes to date younger men.

• you should go for it. My parents are happily married with a 19 year age difference.

• no some woman like youngr men

• thats too big of a gap but whatever floats your boat. at that age she needs a fulfilled man not a kid.