Did you ever get depressed about life and you think what's the point of life, you just die in the end?

I know that's dark sorry

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that way EXTREMELY often, very familiar with that feeling. Basically I'm just existing most of the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I gave you $10 Billion and said that at the end of the day, it'll disappear. You can't save it, you can't get more from it. You have only $10 billion for free for a single day.

Are you going to spend all day moping about how you only have that free money for a day or might not be able to spend it all, or are you going to go out and assure that the money you do spend was worthwhile?

• Your right... But what I'm asking is if you felt this way before

• Sure, when I was younger and was iffy on what I wanted to do with myself. That is way behind me now though. Life is for living.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, though it's usually because I haven't done anything in my life, so it's more of a "what am I even accomplishing in this life" kind of thing.
    Oh well.

• I've been thinking about that all the time. At times I just want to put an end to it all but I dont have the guts to go through with it.

• I'm not talking about suicide...

• Yes I've thought that a lot actually...

What Guys Said 8

• That's the point of life.
    You die in the end so you'll have to make use of every seconds you have to give it a point.

• Haha yeah I've thought about it now and then; it actually reminds me of this comic back in 1955:

assets.amuniversal.com/77c17d40f86f013014d9001dd8b71c47

But I've never gotten very depressed over it. If you're going to think on that big of a scale, you might as well have also considered the fact that in a few billion years, the Earth will be destroyed by the sun's death anyway. If life even still exists here until that point (questionable), the human species almost definitely won't be among them either, because it will probably have evolved into something else. As you can see, this is really all too much for one person to be concerned about. It's not any one mortal being's place to plan that far ahead or for that large of a scale.

The only thing you DO know for sure is that you are given this one life, right now. Given average life expectancy, we all generally have less than one century on this Earth to make something of it (and only a portion of those years may be physically healthy/strong/independent years). So make the best of it and try to do what good you can for others, while also making time for fun for yourself. That's all we've got; we need not worry about anything else. :)

• I'm sorry for anyone who has suffered from depression but no I haven't. I've always told myself that regardless of how low I get, I'd never allow such thoughts or feeling slip into my head or heart. There is and will always be something in my life that I feel is worth living for.

• quite often

• sometimes.

• I'm thinking that way right now actually.

• I was exactly like that a little
    more than 10 years ago.

But I don't believe in true death anymore
    so there's that. ^.^

• If anything thinking about dying in the end makes me want to live up life right now. Fuck dying, I'm living right now, I got shit TO DOOOOOO