Have I been Friendzoned?

I went on a date with a guy (3rd date). It went all right until we went back to his place. He invited me into his room. I was nervous and felt uncomfortable about sleeping with him at the time. So I left and said goodbye. The next day I explained that I need time to trust someone before sleeping with them. Then he says we should just hang out and go out as friends, to remove the expectation and pressure of dating. So we agreed to do that.

Has he friendzoned me or is this about just becoming a friend to remove the pressure of dating - but keeping things still open for something more to happen? Would like answers from guys especially.

What should I do now?

• Go with the flow, and perhaps kiss him on the next 'hang-out' session to show him I can be passionate and spontaneous?
  • Tell him: 'I'm a late bloomer. can we date one more time before we decide to become friends?'

Most Helpful Guy

• You should explain u dont think you want to be freinds. When a girl says she wants to not rush things I straight away thing there's not a bad bone in her body. You need to say no I want to date u and leave it as that he'll agree otherwise his proposal seems to be heading down the wrong direction even thou he has good intentions. You need a spark to start dating and if u become freinds first it make it less desirable to date u. or worse he will find another girl. He sees your inexperienced but I agree kiss and show some passion stop being a goody two shoes. It's all well and good to be like that when you haven't considered dating him but because u know u want it loosen up. Next time walk up to him and kiss him say fuck friendship he'll get the idea your not a good girl. Guys dont like good girls they come across as prudes and a hassle to keep up with mentally because you appear confusing to him. You dont need him to fuck u to show him your wild side just show it through other ways. He's not proposing Freindship because you dont want sex now it's because he knows girls like u probably carry a bible around haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that he changed the dynamics to just being "friends" after having already shown interest and especially after you not giving into sex, pretty says that's he's no longer interested. That might of been his way of politely exiting or a sly way of creating an atmosphere where becoming sexual wouldn't later result into a pressured/expected relationship on his end.

What Guys Said 4

• "The next day I explained that I need time to trust someone before sleeping with them. Then he says we should just hang out and go out as friends, to remove the expectation and pressure of dating. So we agreed to do that."

^i don't think u've been friendzoned... seems like this guy agreed to take things slowly.

"Has he friendzoned me or is this about just becoming a friend to remove the pressure of dating - but keeping things still open for something more to happen? Would like answers from guys especially."

^basically seems like he understood he was puttin some pressure on u... u'll realise u've been friendzoned if he starts seein other gals meanwhile i believe

• The friendzone is rarely used by us guys (I'm an exception) he might be trying to be "friends with benefits".

• sorry, but if a girl would say that to me, i wouldn't be too happy about that. The whole friends hanging out thing sounds like a defence mechanism. He will most likely now look for other girls, and he should in my oppinion. 3rd date, sleeping together might be a bit rushed... true. Yet, going from dating to friends casually "hanging out" won't work. good luck, but looks like he's not interested anymore.

• You're not friend zoned... he clearly wants to hang out with you, but wants to take the pressure of you. Smart move.

Ball is in your court now... just go with it and make a move when you're ready.

What Girls Said 0