Guys, Out of three of my dates? why did they ask me this weird question?

This is the third time I had a guy ask me " what would you do if I got you pregnant?" Im taking guesses like this is a test question when I over anyalyze it... or does it mean they like you?

39

Most Helpful Guy

• This usually means that they are considering you as a potential partner. They want to know if you are willing to have a sexually active relationship, and cover their bases just incase of an accident. This also could mean that he wants a serious relationship, due to the fact that men are genetically created to "fuck and go".

What Guys Said 38

• Seems like kind of a stupid question if you've just been on a date or two, therefore you handle it like this. You answer by saying that initially your response is a pre-programmed biological process in which the fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube and attaches to the inside of the uterus, where it begins to form the fetus and placenta and none of this requires your conscious thought to occur. After this happens you are undecided as to what you would do, then you go on to ask them what they would do if they got pregnant. At this point they should get the hint that stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

When you are having or about to have sex with someone, then in my opinion this question becomes a lot less stupid.

• well he told me he'd do whatever I'D want. but i wasn't gullible to fall for it.

• It's a pretty bad thing to ask in my opinion. But it sounds like a lead in question or innuendo about having sex. I don't think it's meant to be taken literally in any way. I also don't think it means they like you, more likely they want to have sex with you. (it doesn't mean they don't like you either)

The biggest thing I think is weird is that three different guys said it. That makes me wonder if it's some kind of regional expression.

• i find it odd too that's why im asking. like why would they ask me this?

• I don't know. It might be a regional expression. I've heard references to getting someone pregnant before, as a way of saying they'd like to have sex. But it's not really done the way you describe, and it's always done casually, like in a joking way. To actually ask what you would do if you got pregnant seems weird to me. I find it hard to believe they mean it literally - that would just be way too forward to the point of being rude in my opinion.

• No idea. I can't comprehend how anyone would be stupid enough to ask a question like that on a first, second, or tenth date.

But then, I want no goddamn babies, so condoms unless I know she's on birth control AND also wants no goddamn babies.

• that's a weird question
    i think that they're just wanna sleep with you without taking responsibility
    or he could just be concern

• It's an important question, as in "if we have sex, and you get pregnant what will be my responsibilities here?" It's a qualifying question for sex, and birth-control. It's a hint that they want to take it to the next level, I've never done this (that I know of) but I can see why they would.

• before we did have sex i already told him i don't take birth control pills cause of side effects. that's why CONDOMS!!!

• Any guy who asks this question, clearly doesn't have you at heart. It shows that he is thinking too much about sex and doesn't want to take responsibility if something happens. If those are the kind of guys you're dating, stop, now try rethinking "your type" because that type isn't gonna help you.

• yeah. it doesn't hurt my feelings cause i have mutual feelings with him.

• definetely u cannot tell if they like u or not by such a question

and such a question was supposed to be said jokingly i believe.. if a guy was thinkin seriously about u he'd not ask such a thing in my opinion

• I see. I told him id be scared. I didn't want to mistaken it as I didn't like him cause I didn't eant babies. My feelings with him was just mutual.

• Dude I don't know

• ah ok then... :)

• Do you live in an area that is very religious, where getting an abortion is highly frowned upon?

Have you ever seen the old bumper sticker that says, "Friends don't let friends have sex with pro-lifers" ?

They are probably trying to find out if you would take the baby to term and potentially screw up their life, or if you would have an abortion.

• because he wanted to know if he would have to be Financially RESPONSIBLE as the FATHER of your baby if u allowed the baby to live[no abortion] and he probably don't want this he wants to use u as a sperm dump and nothing more ok? Advice; DUMP HIM! are u not worth more than this?

• Maybe the guy thinks he's gonna get lucky with you there and then... what date do they ask you on?

• It's fairly standard question to ask your girlfriend.. they want to know if things weren't going to work out but baby was on the way what would u do.. abort , have it , have the child than put it up for adoption etc.. this is often make or break type answer for a lot of people

• My personal reason for asking such a question would be to see your stance on what you want in life. Pro-life? Abortion? Wants kids, hell no? All in all its a strange question to ask in my opinion.

• you seem like the type of girl that would want to get pregnant

• Not sure... what a mood crasher! It seems kind of out of place unless you were about to have sex... even then it is a little strange?

• That's creepy as fuck.

• Yeah that's an odd question for sure. Sounds to me like he's the kind of guy who doesn't like condoms..

• yeah you're right. why do guys mind condoms so much?

• It does reduce feeling quite significantly.

• Never thought of this as question to ask... I generally stuck to questions that wouldn't freak my date out or leave her with a stunned expression and needing reparative surgery to get her jaw off the table

At best, it feels like a really creepy attempt to flirt (obviously needing to have sex with you to get you pregnant). It just seems... off to me

• Wow, I've never asked a girl that, or known a guy who admitted to asking a girl that, or known a girl who said a guy asked her that.

Just where do you live?

• run,
    if you say , you'll keep the child , since they probably don't like condoms 1+1 = 3
    They might not have as much interest.

Sure it does say they like you , but for something other than what you think

ctrl-alt-del those guys

• That's a really weird question unless you were about to have sex.

• It makes you jump past the assumption that you had intercourse, mentally. But how that would actually seduce someone is a big mystery to me.

• I think the guy just wants to bang. How long have you been dating him? I would not be surprised if has a a woman on the side with a kid.

• That is a really odd question. Sounds like you need to find different guys from a another dating pool. That sounds creepy and weird.

• that should be his first step on getting you to sleep for the night. may be

• Obviously they're after sex but that's weird that they would ask you that, especially that early on.

• Maybe they are wondering that if they got you pregnant you would go at them for maintenance...

• Dont know really, its just kind of turn off

• And what did you say?

• I'd only ask that if I was engaged to the woman and having unprotected sex... It's not a test... It's the guy wanting to do you rawdog and seeing how deep of shit he can get into...

• At what nature of relationship were you in with each guy? Also how long food you know them? It could be a completely different reason with each guy tbh, and just a coincidence they happened close together

• More from Guys
    8