Is it weird to have a crush on a guy you've never met (online)?

I'm doing an online master's program in Computer Science and I got put into a group project w/5 guys. We all met once a week through Google Hangouts videochat, so I know what he looks/sounds like.. and I think he's super cute haha. The night before the project was due we couldn't get ahold of everyone else so it was just us 2 working on it. Afterwards we ended up talking for like an hour about random stuff, and when I said i had to go he said "Aw darn, maybe I'll add you on LinkedIn or something so we can keep on touch". He did add me a couple days later & also messaged "Hey Robyn =)". Thing is he lives in Seattle and I live in San Diego.. is it weird I have a serious crush on him now? (usually I don't have online crushes)

Updates:
Just to clarify we talked that night through videochat

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No. people meet others through online in some form of media these days, its getting common... Yours is of lucky coincidence ehhhhhh? 🍀

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Happens all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not uncommon at all. Crushes happen when they happen. When you get to know someone affection can develop.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible? Yes.

Dumb? Yes.

0|0
    2|3

What Girls Said 3

• I used to think it was weird, but apparently it's not that uncommon. It happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its very normal

0|0
    0|0
  • That is not weird. It's actually pretty common.

0|0
    0|0