Why are people so afraid of approaching their crushes?

Like you both probably know the attraction/likiness is mutual so why don't they just approach? My friend tells me about this guy she's crazy about but she or he hasn't even approached one another lol I think its cute but she's scared for some reason. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as Eminem said.

"If you have... one shot... one opportunity... will you capture it... or let it slip"

That one shot anxiety mang.
    Ain't doing it till timing is perfect , occasion seems natural and plans are written. The sad thing being 1 of the 3 KEEPS ON FUCKING changing

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you don't always know that it's mutual. So there's fear of rejection. And even if you do think or know it's mutual, there's still a fear of things being awkward... it's like you don't want to smother that spark you have with a super awkward conversation haha but maybe that's just me

What Guys Said 10

• generally they are afraid of rejection

• They could be scared for a number of reasons, rejection is one of them, second is they may not be sure of themselves their feelings they are waiting to confirm their own feelings or waiting for confirmation sign from the other person. Another reason could be they are not much of a risk takers so they are probably expecting the other to make a move.

• Im a pretty upfront kinda guy. So if i like her, i ask her out. I hate waiting and wondering if she feels the same way.

Bam 3 years later, got a ring on her finger. ;)

• To avoid possible awkwardness...
    Insecurities
    Embarrassment
    Rejection

• Rejection hurts a lot, it's awfull so we dont risk it.

• Fear of rejection. It's a very scary thing to do.

• "Like you both probably know the attraction/likiness is mutual"

That's a presumptuous statement to say the least.

• Well because it's your crush. You've got to be shy.
    I'm shy to when I talk to my crush. Just try to be friendly and talk to him.

• Well, some can be afraid of rejection

• Did it once and im never doing it again

What Girls Said 6

• People are shy, or afraid of rejection.

It seems like girls are particularly guilty of doing this, often outright refusing to approach their crush because "it's the man's job, he should man up".

• It's because we're afraid of being able to say it right! Also because maybe he/she doesn't feel the aame and it would get uncomfortable.

• Because there's a good chance he may not have mutual feelings!. I don't hold back, so I will let him know of when I have free time to go out and get to know him.

• Oml this is me.

• I fear being rejected, that's why I don't approach anyone.

• rejection
    disruption of the fantasy world you've created we're you're together
    mostly rejection
    the possibility of a relationship forming that either ends in painful break up or that last for life. (almost equally scary)
    but mostly rejection