I want to message him, but I'm holding myself back; what do I do?

I'm going to be a Freshman in College in about a week and a half, and in order to prepare for that, I joined my Colleges Facebook Group. About a week after I joined the group, this really cute guy (who is also in the group), friend requested me, which I accepted. This happened a few months ago, and I've wanted to talk to him since he first friended me, but I've been really nervous of being rejected (I tend to get really anxious about this kind of stuff, due to some bad past experiances) . Being scared of being rejected stems from the fact that he has also become friends with a lot of other girls from the Group, all of whom are very pretty. I feel like I'm not anywhere close to being as pretty as most of the other girls are. I still would really like to try talking to him though; like I said I have about a week and a half before school starts, and I would like to try and get a head start with talking to him, I'm just scared to. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get over my fear of talking to him, or any other suggestions would also be appreciated! Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• "I joined my Colleges Facebook Group. About a week after I joined the group, this really cute guy (who is also in the group), friend requested me, which I accepted."

^did u have yer pic as yer profile pic? if yes then i believe this guy liked yer appearance so he decided to add u!

"This happened a few months ago, and I've wanted to talk to him since he first friended me, but I've been really nervous of being rejected (I tend to get really anxious about this kind of stuff, due to some bad past experiances) "

^i see... but wot if he never talks first? u can just send a simple text like:

"hi! i saw yer friend request. thanks for addin me :) "

there's nothing to be nervous about!

"Being scared of being rejected stems from the fact that he has also become friends with a lot of other girls from the Group, all of whom are very pretty."

^whoa wait... y should he reject u? unless u ask him out, but maybe he won't even if u do... it's still early to tell. anyway.. point's he added u as a friend!

"I feel like I'm not anywhere close to being as pretty as most of the other girls are."

^ah don't say this... u might be prettier than other gals to him ;)

" I still would really like to try talking to him though; like I said I have about a week and a half before school starts, and I would like to try and get a head start with talking to him, I'm just scared to"

^i already told u wot u should say ;)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• There is no way to actually erase your fear of being rejected.
    Count to ten and then approach him/message him. Done.