Is true love even real anymore?

I mean really, I feel like I get screwed out the @$$! Nothing is perfect nor is anyone. I feel like now days, if even a sign of no one blowing sunshine up your twat is in the picture people run! Give up. Throw it away. I understand if no chemistry is there but come on! Sometimes you have to work for some things in life. Not throw it away because its hard or complicated.

Most Helpful Guy

• I concurr, not to upset people but I do think its the casualnes of sex that has caused it. When you have multiple partners it kind of creates a mind set that relationships are easily acquired, or cheap. When something is rare or expensive you get it fixed, when its cheap you get a new one. I think with just how casual we are with our relationships it has created this kind of mindset so that the moment things get difficult instead of fixing it they just go out and find a new one resulting in a cycle of jumping from one low quality relationship to another instead of creating one really good one. Statistics show that the greater number of parnters the greater the instability in a relationship and increased risk of divorce. They have also found that people who report being unhappy in a relationship who did stick it out, five years later when reservayed they reported being very happy or extremely happy with there relationship/marriage. There is a dip as familiarity sets in and I think that catches a lot of people off guard and then they abandon the relationship instead of working past it, once you do, statisticly speaking, you actually have a stronger relationship then before. So, yeah its still around people just need to stop having fantasies about relationships being perfect all the time and realize that it does take work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because back when arranged marriages and young girls got forced to marry old men, who could beat and rape them as they pleased, real love was flourishing?

Honestly everyone gotta go though shit before they find real love. And just because they later split up, it doesn't mean the love wasn't real.

• That is inaccurate, men where forced into marriage as well so it was unfair to them (still is in some countries) They never had the right to beat them and in fact would usually result in public lynchings or flogging (if men where beaten by there wives the husband would also still be publicly humiliated) as for rape, I suppose they where allowed to do so since a wife was not allowed to deny her husband sex, but then we would have to acknowledge that the wife treated the husband as a slave since he was financially responsible for her and if necessary was expected to die in her stead if she was in danger.

What Guys Said 7

• Of courrrseee it is but sometimes people hop between relationships so often that something that should be special becomes a regular occasion.

Like steak which back in the olden days are only served during celebration but nope , not anymore
    Want steak? Drop down to the shop and buy some eh?

Kinda like a lock that's been used too many times and all the notches have been worn down so much so that you can stick a lollipop stick into the keyhole and unlock it.

• "Is real love true" - When i was younger i used to believe it with all my heart. I never wanted to just get a girl like my friends and have "fun" with her or something like that. I wanted a girl who i could love and spend my life with, to sit holding her hand watching the sunset, to have a family, to learn from each other, to enjoy life together, to LIVE. Finally that day came when i met her at age 21. From then my life has been nothing more than amazing, each an everyday i live to see her smile and we are expecting our first daughter together and i can't wait to build so many memories with her. Sure its been difficult and tough but i guess its just how life is. Don't give up on true love, i know and believe that true love still exists but its hard to find.

Read mytake:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10257-syra-my-heart-i-give-to-you-till-the-very-end

• Sure it is, but most people goes to countless relationships or dates in order to find that one "special" person for them

• The question is always whether it is actually fixable and worth fixing.

• It is, but FUCKING hard to find...

• It is real, but very rare

• Hmmm...
    OK
    I have decided 😶?

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly if things got that complicated of hard then I wouldn't want to be with someone anymore.

I want to spend my time with someone who enjoys me and who I look forward to spending time with, not fixing a relationship the entire time.

Some times people out grow each other and it's time to just let it go lol

• Lol your details made me laugh. I would like to think that true love exist but I never experienced. However, at the same time I'm not one of those people who mopes about it. I'm not saying that you do. I just feel like some single people are stereotyped to be lonely and mope when it's not true

• I like to believe so.
    I think some people take it for granted, though.