Girls, how would you feel if you started seeing a man and he said he wanted to wait a couple months before sex?

I have lots of anxieties about sex so it takes me a while before I can feel comfortable with someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be fine with that... is it just sex or do you have issues with hugging, kissing, etc? If it is just sex then you probably dont need to tell her - you could just say you want to wait until you know each other better and she will probably just think she's found a great guy whonisnt just after sex.

Do you know why you have these anxieties.

• I think it's just from insecurities, but I don't know really.

• I think it's just inexperience.

• Nothing wrong with taking your time - and try not to worry to much about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a female friend whose boyfriend had lots of anxieties about sex. It took a very long time (many many months) for him to get over it, and she was incredibly frustrated by it.

What Girls Said 31

• I would appreciate that. Sex isn't everything and it's annoying when you meet someone who acts like they're entitled to sex/it's now your duty to please their genital if you've progressed pass a certain connection level.

• I'd be so happy and then I'd be suspicious for a week or so, but if it wasn't a line and he was genuine it would go back to happy.

• I would find it endearing, but would want to talk about what your anxieties are. I also like to know my s/o has been tested so that would give plenty of time for them to do so. But like most answers said I would be a tiny bit sus that you either had something or had someone else on the side. Until it was all talked out.

• I would be surprised, from what I've observed usually women request this and some men aren't willing to wait.

• That would be a GOOD thing so u get to know each other however GUYS that do that sometimes of TINY organs lol so yeah better to wait - BUT the bond is better the LONGER it takes to HIT THE SHEETS!!!

• Cool. I'm not into pressuring anybody to do anything he doesn't want. Good sex happens when both partners feel ready and eager.

• A couple of month? I could do. Though, I'd need to talk to him to know why he wants to wait.

• I'll be cool with it

• That's the right thing to do tho, no point in having sex with someone you're seeing when you're not feeling comfortable or ready, i know there's many girls out there who look for guys like you :)

• She's right, mate, don't rush into anything! Take it easy and take your time and I'm sure she'll be appreciative of your wanting to wait and if anything she may even try to take things forward as opposed to relying on you to

• If I like the guy I will wait it out. :) It would also be a great time to know that person better without being sexual.

• I would respect your decision. Some men are like that and it's not something you can force someone to do. I'm also like that to. I don't like to rush into that. It kinda ruins the relationship and you need to keep it interesting. Just be honest and tell her how you feel about it and why don't just say I don't want to have sex. Explain why I'm sure she will understand!😊

• I'd be cool with it as long as we can still do other stuff, cuddling dates making out and just spending time together

• I'm a very physical person so touching is nessasary if we're not having sex so cuddling kissing etc is part of what makes me feel wanted

• I'm trying to find guys like you! I think she will be fine with that since its usually the guy who wants sex so early.

• I'd be more than happy to wait

• I do not mind, if you're worth it, I'll wait

• I'd be perfectly fine with that.

• I would prefer that

• Actually that's perfectly fine! I decided to wait a year for me and my boyfriend. Best decision ever. Take your time. Don't rush anything,

• Wouldn't be long enough cause I'm a virgin till mariage

• Yay a white raven xD

• trust me girls are very empathetic so you've got no worries there. :)

• I don't believe you.

• Me personally? Or any guy?

• You. If it's in my situation and he wanted to wait a month thats ok but if it is longer than a month 1/2 then I would wonder if he wants a relationship.
      That's a normal guy, I could be more understanding if he went through trauma.

• Also, I don't think there should be a set limit. When the time's right that when it should happen.

• I would be surprised but perfectly okay with it.

• if he doesn't explain it to me... I would think he is not attracted to me...

• I respect the guys wishes because it would take me longer than that anyway. ☺️

• I'd respect him, besides i am quite similar. I can't have sex with a guy i hardly know. I need to feel comfortable with him and know he at least cares about me. I would at least know where i stood with you , because i wouldn't feel as though you were using me for just sex

• I would be astounded by his maturity and wooed by his determination to get to know me better without any... distractions😏
    It's definitely a turn on

• IS THE MOST ROMANTIC THING EVER.

• I wouldn't mind. It isn't a dealbreaker. There are other things that can be done. Plus I would like to get to know a guy before sex anyways.

• That's my kind of guy. I like to wait to get to know the person first.

I don't see what the rush is, our genitals aren't going anywhere lol :)

• I would also be suspicious as to why. The way things are going, people have become really shady & selfish. I would have a fear that he's waiting for the penicillin to kick in & clear up a previous std.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 7

• Most girls I know would be enthusiastic about that. Most guys try to get into a girl's pants as soon as possible, so they'll be happy to know that you're primary interest is actually getting to know them on a deeper level first. There are a handful of girls out there that will probably get frustrated if you want to wait TOO long for sex; women get horny too. Especially when it comes to guys they have feelings for.

• Some women would be happy that's you want to take is slow, some will be suspicious, and some will want it before you're comfortable.

If you have anxiety about sex, it will help to discuss your insecurities with her, it can help you work past them and even help her figure out how to help you.

• Why would any guy do that?

• They would probably see it as a pleasant surprise

• I'm the same :) after getting used for years there's no way in rushing into anything until I know it's with the right person which means waiting a while for that stuff

• A dude that is mentally healthy can get all emotionally messed up after achieving orgasm with a girl before he is ready to have a relationship.

• These response show how much more sexually attracted men are to women, than women are to men, it's sad