Do guys still open car doors for their girlfriend to go on a date?

I am old fashion and if I was not single I still open the car door for my girlfriend but to bad I'm single :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe some do.. I don't expect a guy to do that for me tho. But a guy should if she is sick or pregnant

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't. I find it degrading for her to expect me to fill a gender role to prove I am a gentleman, when none of the women I meet expect a woman to have to fill their gender role to prove they are a lady. If I actually met a woman that believed women should fill their gender role to be considered a lady then I might be willing to play along and see how I like that. As it is now though the hypocrisy that men should have to act like men, but that women should feel free to act however they want is an instant deal breaker for me.

We can't have freedom from gender roles while still putting one gender into a gender role. That isn't an equal relationship. That is more like a master servant relationship. The only way we can have equality is for neither to be in a gender role, of for both to be in a gender role.

What Girls Said 11

• It's rare but some, a few, guys still do it

If you. Wanna do it then you should do it. Be yourself

• Guys dont seem to.
    I see my dad do it for my mom all the time, but I never see anyone my age it now.

• I'm happy your dad does it but my dad don't do it for my mom BC they don't really go on dates lol

• Well I sure hope these things trend more between guys ! Its so cute 🙊😄

• Thats so nice and then she can open the door for you while she's in the car ❤

I'm sure guys still do that

• I hope they still do, this is so cute!

• Shit I don't know

• Nope
    I usually open as soon as he parked the car, not giving you the chance even if you wanted to xD

• It would be nice and gentle

• i wish it happened more...
    I don't know though i dont think so

• The little things makes a huge different to me. Like choosing a restaurant that he knew I like even though I knew he prefer to eat some place else. That what makes me fall for a man.

• Happy to know some guys are. An ex of mine shut a shop door in my face. I made a joke about him not being a gentlemen. He said, " we live in 2014 , not 1930, babe" So good for you, don't change 😊

• I won't I will always open the door for a girl why because it respectful and if I am dating a girl I let them in first then I go...

• You seem*

• I am nice and I just wanted to see what u looked like I don't know I

What Guys Said 17

• Do it every time, building doors too. If there's a door, I'll open it, but I'm old. Women in my age bracket will consider it rude of me not to do so. Since not every guy does it anymore, it gives me an extra edge. It's a good idea to do so.

• I know I do and I don't care about the rest of them that doesn't open the door or pull out the chair or something

• I've never acted like a Gentleman. But rather a decent human being. Opening doors and so on isn't a gender specific thing because your implying men should go out of there way to be nice. 90% of men aren't chivalrous anymore because equality destroyed that and with equality it made women not very ladylike. Why shouldn't she open the door for me? Also in my book gentlemans are for ladies. A lot of women are bitchy to there Guys so they do not deserved preferential treatment. Last time I checked men and women could both open doors or pull out there seats. It's a different matter if it's a old woman holding heavy shopping bags compared to a healthy young woman doing so. For me its contextual and also I dont do things like that for my girlfriend and being a gentleman isn't a requirement anymore just look at how many bad boys pick up girls haha.

• I open the door for everyone, even strangers. It's just a common courtesy.

• Yup I am like you, old fashioned and I always open the door for a lady, car or building.

• I do but after awhile of being in the relationship it starts to fade.

• You would say so, but with cars, no.

• What rong with doing that

• Ain't nothing wrong with that, but I won't with cars.
      I only know one guy that did that, only he only did it to make sure she didn't slam the door too hard.

• Why not with cars and that's funny

• If I do I'll slap her ass on the way in.

• its old fashion but i still do it, do woman still like that?

• You single because you old fashioned. Sorry man but that's not what attracts women. Chivalry died a massive death somewhere. You may get one girl who likes it and you end up together forever. Good luck.

• hell no.

does she wash my feet after a nice time out? Hell no she wouldn't.

Beeches needs to be independent. And men need to stop being pussified to these women that will eventually dump you later.

• Only if she seems to lack the brain power to open a car door.

• yes i would open the car door for my girlfriend

• I might do, i just need the girl xD

• I usually don't do it. Maybe I should, never thought it was important.

• I personally wouldn't. That just makes it seem like I'm taking care of a child. No thanks

• I don't really think about it. I don't think I do.

• Of be nice for you to do that for your girl she would love it

• Ha yeah probably so.

• Then I say do it BC she love u more