What does it mean when a guy is on his phone when u hang out with him?

He texts a lot on his phone while I'm with him, I feel he doesn't find our time together important, he tells me it's hos cousin texting him, but why must he always respond? Is he not that into me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's used to being on his phone during conversations. I'm doing the same, and my best friend hates it. Try and give him him little hints that he needs to put his phone down and talk with you more, or tell him honestly how you feel, maybe that can change the situation and he'll bring more time with you.

What Guys Said 6

• It means he is a tool that can't focus. And his distraction shows he would rather be elsewhere.

• It means he is being rude and disrespectful to you. This applies to anyone doing it to anyone.

• Give a subtle hint to him that you dont like it. Say to him something like "Say hi to your cousin for me"

• He doesn't find your time together that important.

• I doubt it's his cousin. If he finds his phone more interesting than being with you; it might be time to re-thing the relationship.

• you boring gyal!!

What Girls Said 8

• In the initial stages of dating, that is unacceptable. Especially if you two don't see each other all the time.

The guy I'm seeing now doesn't text when he's with me, but will pull his phone out to look something up or whatever. If he's on it when we're out doing something, I take it as a hint that he's bored and ask him if he wants to do something else. But this is after many weeks of dating and spending a lot of time together.

• He's bored or not interested

• It means he's being rude. Let him know it bothers you.

• What if you guys are friends, is texting meaning he is bored? He talks about what he is texting vaguely or through.

• I've seen you everywhere tonight Nathand and pop I think he's not focused on u move on he doesn't deserve u

• Well i think if he is just started doing that to u that means he is losing intrest in u.. If this guy truly loves u he will leave his phone when he is hanging out with u and enjoy the time ur sharing together... And the reason he should be holding his phone and texting is if he was far from u and he is getting intouch with u:)

• Maybe, he likes to text about you? I do this to the guy I like, I document all his actions, cause he's adorable.

• It is rude to be on your phone when you're hanging out with someone especially on a date. I would feel that he is not into me. I think men feel the same way if the woman is on her phone constantly during a date.