What does it mean when he says 'I've always really liked you'?

What would you all think of these words? Would guys lie about their feelings or even overstate the intensity of their feelings under any circumstance? He took a while to say that to me- I think this was him being emotionally honest. I did open up myself (feelings wise) to him too. Does it mean that he still has feelings for me?

(Note: We can't possibly work out at this point in time. It's too little, too late, I'm leaving very soon)

I'm so confused and sad. I know I need to move on before I leave for a fresh start but lingering feelings are hard to ignore.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions.

• No, it's unlikely that he would lie/overstate
  • Yes, he could very well be lying/overstating
  • No, it's unlikely that he would lie/overstate and he still has feelings for you
  • Yes, he could very well be lying/overstating and I doubt if he has feelings for you

What Guys Said 1

• It means he's always had the hots for you but only just came out with it for whatever reason be it fear of rejection, confidence issues, embarrassment or whatever.

• Hey could you drop me a line at tcalx49@gmail. com? Would like to discuss this situation in private but I can't message in this site. Get that you're not obligated to but I'll really appreciate it.

What Girls Said 1

• Why do girls like yo ask obvious questions? that's like a person saying that cup is filled with orange juice and yet you still ask what's in that cup :)

• Haha I think it's safe to say I think I'm losing my sanity.. As a female, would you think that he still has feelings for me And they're intense feelings?

• I just tried to message you and it says I have to be level 2... I'm sorry I try to get to level 2... I wonder how though.

• You have to accumulate sufficient points for that:/ Drop me a line at tcalx49@gmail. com? I would really appreciate an unbiased perspective on things. Thanks! x