I never dated in high school. Starting college is that gonna be an issue?

In high school I never dated anyone. No one ever asked me out and I was really shy. I want to date in college but I'm worried that's it'll be a big deal that I never dated anyone. I heard that a lot of people r just interested in hooking up. Considering I've never kissed anyone I'm definitely not ready for that. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Forget about it. No one will care. There will be plenty of guys who didn't date in high school either. First kisses can be awkward regardless of how many other people you've kissed. As far as hooking up, don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. A guy who pressures you is not a guy worth having. Before you become sexually active, get on some form of contraception, and make sure the guy uses a condom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. It won't be a problem at all. If it is, it's because of the guys you are picking up. Don't go for a hoe. My sister never dated/kissed anyone in HS and now she has two guys that are super into her going after her. Just be yourself. Join clubs and open up to people. Get out of your comfort zone.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm in the same boat. I think it'll be fine and more people are like us than we'd think.

• Your question reflects me and many others i suppose. The answer is that we're overthinking it. As smahala1991 says, let the time come. Be confident and enjoy whatever you do. Also try to meet new people that really helps. :)

• Don't stress over it, let the time come

• people everywhere are varied.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it shouldn't be an issue. Believe it or not, a significant portion of people you meet will be in the same boat.

We all tend to attract people who are similar to us. Focus on getting a good group of friends and I feel like the dating thing will fall into place. This is speaking from personal experience.

• Nope I was the same way and am now engaged to my first real boyfriend.