How to tell he's interested after a first date?

So im sure every girl wonders the exact same thing, I went on a date last night and we spent a good 6 hours together and when i left i recieved a text saying he had a good evening and hopes i get home safely. I replied and said i had a good time too and he again replied saying it was really good to meet me ;) and had enjoyed himself. I guess the question im asking is do guys just say these things to be polite or if he wasn't interested would i have recieved those messages?

I know as a girl i would always thank my date even if i didn't feel interested however i wouldbt stress that i had a good time unless i actually did.

Do you think it's too much to reply saying if there's a next time... ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not overthink things. Take him at is word. He had a good time... now does he want a second date? Time will tell. You can always ask him you know. This is the 21st century. If you had a good time you can always suggest getting together again also.

Most Helpful Girl

• With all the boys I've dated long term and had relationships with, they've always texted me within an hour after the first date to say they had fun and to make plans for a second date.

For dates where they just say it was fun and it was nice to meet me, it usually doesn't lead to relationships

What Guys Said 2

• He is keen, all sounds fine...
    Dont over think, good luck :)

• Just play it cool, say something like "maybe you can cook for me next time" or "We could have dinner at mine next time" makes you sound confident which is sexy.

What Girls Said 3

• if he asked to meet up again, then you definitely know he was interested. but it's a good sign that he texted you afterwards and told you he had a great time.

• I've had a good amount of dates between relationships and I can say that if you get a text back after, it's a good sign... there was a guy who said he had fun but the next day he kept insisting to meet at his place so I knew he was a jerk if he didn't respect me not wanting to. It depends what happens for the next week or two. See how he texts and if there is a next day soon. But to me, he sounds interested :) just don't over think it, I always do and it's not good to do so.

• According to the things you shared, he sounds interested.