Why do certain women attract men naturally compared to other women?

Me and my best friend look the same, and have been asked before if we were sisters. We have both long blonde hair, light eyes (she has green, i have blue) and same facial features. The only difference is that I am taller (179cm/5'11) and she's shorter (she's around 160cm/5'2). Yet whenever we are out she attracts more men naturally, without flirting, they seem to just be drawn to her. I don't really have that. I want to make it clear that I am not jealous at all, I am just really curious to how she does that without doing anything even though we practically look the same (except for the height).

Could it be some energy that men are attracted to? Is it the height, that they don't like tall women? Or is it because they are attracted to confident women more? I don't know why but sometimes I hear that I look insecure even though I'm not.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only real information you've given us is the difference in height. Everything else is incomplete and pure speculation on our part.

So, the only real opinion we can express is with respect to the difference in height.

I've dated girls that were 5'10" (and I'm 5'10" myself), to girls that were as short as 4'9" (and 21 years old... so that was her height... it's not like she was in high school and still growing up).

Generally... GENERALLY (in case anyone is butthurt or over-sensitive), guys want a girl that's "smaller" than him, and girls want a guy that's "bigger" than her... and further, guys already expect and perceive female preferences to be such that girls want a guy that's "taller" and "bigger" than her, so most guys will not even bother approaching or interacting with a girl that is "equal height" or "taller" than him.

As far as "experience" goes... "experienced" guys know that girls who are great in bed usually like wearing 6" platform high-heels, and don't like to feel like the guy is "shorter" than her when they're out together in a social setting. So, the 6" heel has become the "socially acceptable excuse" that allows men and women to maintain this 6" height difference in order to highlight the "contrast" effect in sexual dimorphism.

(Application)

So, applying that tid-bit of knowledge, and speaking of the "contrast effect," consider how you come off when (all else equal), you are standing next to your "more sexually desirable and preferable" friend.

If you were both the same height, men might actually find her (your friend) "LESS" attractive. Why? Because her "height" or "smallness" is not really being "highlighted" and "standing out." But, put her next to a "tall girl," and all of a sudden, not only are you highlighting her "smallness," but your friend is actually highlighting your "tallness," which is making men find you "LESS" preferable.

My suggestion is to completely stop being next to your friend. Befriend a group of roughly equally tall and really "big" (or, what's more PC... "mobility challenged") ladies. When you're out together, "in contrast" to your friend, you will appear to be "the thinner one," and that "quality" of "smaller" will be highlighted for men to see and "prefer."

TIP: Next time you're at a pharmacy, notice how they put the "brand name" next to the "generic." People who are brand-whores will "prefer" the brand name, and "cheap" people will prefer the generic - either way, it boosts sales.

Most Helpful Girl

• been there done that
    > green like peridot is more usual these days than blue (whatever shade); blue would be preferable to dark green however
    > shorter is closer to "smaller than me", "able to lift her", "looks up to me" ego & ideals that an equal or teammate... in some guys' dream world
    > no mention of breasts/cleavage & other curves (like calves) = certainly preferenced
    > no mention of happy smiling bubbly and open to guys saying hi = preference

Yes, you ARE insecure - can even read between the lines here SO
    a) get a new wing woman more suitable
    b) USE her as the battering ram, while you watch the action and pick off the plums as she shakes that tree down

Remember this... guys don't always realize how awkward a short gal is to a tall guy when the diff is 7" or greater unless very experienced. Dancing, bear hugs, always having to lift her for a kiss (or find a box/stairs) + the body parts don't match up i other situations (many Qs on GAG about this).

Maybe you are not hanging out at tall guy venues, e. g. basketball, volleyball, golf, some swimmers/sprinters, think about it! If me @ 5'11", would be shopping guys 6'4"-6'6" as ideal for dancing... and other pleasures ;) with a push up bra, cleavage only they tall enough to look down into, tight waist and always staring at my prey.

What Guys Said 3

• No sugarcoating: they like her more because she's shorter. If a guy is of an average height, he may assume that he will never be able to impress a tall girl physically; so he will be deterred from making a move. For example even though I'm 5'11", the taller girls I've dated i the past have teased me for being "small".

• maybe something to do with your look or the way you carry yourself... I really can't say on the information you provided

• There is something. I had a girlfriend who was quite pretty in the face and had a great figure but that didn't explain the way every guy would light up like Christmas tree when she walked in a room.

She was great in bed, maybe that's a vibe women give off.

What Girls Said 4

• i am tall and men dont mind...

Maybe her personality shines out much more? When short people have a tall frient they tend to overcompensate so they are just as large in life...

• Is she a happy person, full of energy? I've noticed guys are drawn to that like flies.

• Describe me your demeanor. Is she more outgoing to you? Does she smile more?
    Do you appear less approaching than her?

• Men are very shallow i have a friend who is taller than me and attracts a lot of men i guess because she smiles more so i guess men like a confident woman