How do I become nicer?

I want to be nice. Everyone tells me I come across as a butthole. My ex all of her friends said I come across as arrogant and full of myself. My own family told me I rub people off the wrong way. I can be a dick sometimes and be selfish I make eveRuth in about me. I want to be a nice guy. What are some tips.

Most Helpful Girl

• be more considerate of people and their feelings. I think you need to spend a day and think about everything that is said or done around you. think about how that would make you feel?

We were out shopping a few weeks ago and there was an elderley chap walking past us outside the supermarket and he dropped his eggs. We had some so I handed mine over and said I didn't need a full dozen anyway. Why did I do it? Because I thought 'maybe he was looking forward to his boiled eggs for dinner' 'what if it was my dad in 10 years?' 'How would I feel?' its amazing how realising every person you meet has feelings too just like you can make you nicer x

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a matter of how you get satisfaction, from your own gratification or from making other people happy. I don't know how you can change that short of an epiphany. You could certainly pretend to be nice but if you don't really feel it your true self will always come out in the end.

What Girls Said 5

• Ask people around you (friends & family) on what exactly your doing wrong. I know you said that people say that you come across as a butthole. It could be the way you hold yourself. Or the way you talk to people. Just ask them. Its better to get tips from people who are around you and observe your behaviour everyday than a bunch of people who know nothing about you or how you act in certain situations. Good luck.

• Jus be urself
    The more u try to please people the more will u be fucked up.
    Let them deal with u the way u r cz that is what makes you YOU!

• Search how to be nice on youtube

• Begin by become more less selfish, help out people, do not ignore them, pay attention to the ones who need you, talk nice to people, give advice when they ask you, and they having problems just walk away.

• Might not be your fault that you are shitting on others IF shit is coming your way all the time from others superior
    been there done that

Changing your surroundings, working toward a career, dumping family/friends being bad to you for others being nice = the only solution... and never look back! These anchors are killing your life.

What Guys Said 3

• Some people unconsciously do bad things and some others don't. So If you think you are genuinely a bad boy, then you should start working on what's inside your heart first. Also it's better to come across as full of yourself than to come across as an insecure pussy. But it's even better to be a genuine guy.

• Answer, "how would I want someone to treat me in this situation?" And do that to the person with whom you're interacting.

• Stop being a jerk.