I'm just wondering if guys would still pay the bills in first few dates?

I've never been in a serious relationship before and never went to a date with someone, My current boyfriend is 19 right now and he's from a wealthy family, he doesn't have work yet cause he's studying in college, and I'm 17 we're not rich, and just about to graduate in High school.. He's asking me on a date for the first time and I'm wondering if he would pay the bills or should we split? I don't mind to split the bills but these days would you guys pay still?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him you don't have money BEFORE the date. He might take you to somewhere that costs nothing or will accept to pay for you, but at least, he won't feel like you put him in a corner. Guys don't HAVE to pay the bill EVER. Don't count on it.

What Guys Said 7

• I always offer to pay the bill and enjoy doing so. but I also like when a girl shows initiative and independence and offers to pay her share.

but I always offer to pay the bill as long as I have the money. heck I've been with my wife now for 5 years (1 year married) and I still offer to pay for our meals

• I would pay for everything but I am also occasionally referred to as a dinosaur. However, I think most girls appreciate chivalry and that includes the traditions like guy paying for everything on a date.

Start this relationship right. Talk to him about it in advance and offer to pay. He will appreciate you being considerate of him.

• I would most likely oay for the first day, but after that I won't. The first date would be because I asked her out, therefore I feel like I have to pay cause I invited her, but the next dates we both agree to go, therefore I have no reason to pay.

• Guys still pay the bill. Expect to have him pay, but have some funds ready in case he's clueless.

• I always pay for 1st and 2nd date, but after that we would have to take turns or do 50/50 on each bill.

So if you get to a 3rd date expect to pay your share of it.

• If he's a good host he'll pay.

• Just go for the check grab and see what happens

• Exactly. A girl that goes for the check gains hundreds of points, even if she wished he payed, she at least made the effort.

• Yeah thanks! I would try it then and see :)

What Girls Said 2

• Some still do to this very day ^^

• most still do.

• Hmm thanks great then :)