What would you do if his card got declined paying for your date?

Most Helpful Guy

• rule one; always bring enough in cash.
    I'd just say it's probably something with my bank (onlin bank, so if they can't reach my bank, it will be declined), then pay it in cash.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have no choice but to Help him out because this is the kind of girl that I am who doesn't Leave Home... Without IT.
    However, I am also the kind of girl who is this Wise ol owl and would wonder a Bit: How could he not know how much is on his Card?
    Good luck. xx

• There are a lot of legitimate reasons a card could get turned down other than balance. I've had it happen at least twice and I pay it off every month and never been close to the limit.

• Perhaps, @NearlyNapping I have never had it done to me. I find it strange on a date with a potential mate. Thank you. xx

What Guys Said 5

• 0|0
  • Happened to me last week. Turns out there was a dark spot in the store where the store's card machine couldn't get the 3g/wifi signal to connect to the bank. I had cash on me though.

• If i had the card I would be embarrased and, pay cash

• What person doesn't have at least 1-2 credit cards as a backup?

• i would pay cash

What Girls Said 7

• I would be shocked and feel like maybe he was hiding his true financial capabilities. I'd feel bad for him, he'd likely find it embarrassing but I'd think it was careless of him to take someone out and not check he had enough money. I would also wonder if he did it on purpose to make me pay.
    If I liked him though, I'd just pay.

• Wait a while see what he does. If it looks like he can't pay, someone has to pay for him. I guess I could pay for his meal also, but I might wonder if he often forgets stuff like that, it mike make him less desirable.

• I would pull out my wallet and pay for us and hope he doesn't feel too embarrassed.

Lol. I kind of find it funny though, but I won't laugh unless he does. :D

• I would pay for the date. Next time he can pay for us.

• I'd pull out my card and try to make light of it and tell him he can pick up the tab next time.

• Pay both of our ways

• FYI this has happened to me before and it was our last date... not because his card was declined because i had no oriblem paying but because he was a petty immature child about it and made it embarrassing

• I pay. Then next date is his turn.