Girls, how important is the type of career a guy has when you consider dating him?

I'm currently a caterer on oil Riggs and platforms I'm one year away from getting an associates but not sure if I want to attain a technical degree such as electrician or health and safety which is more of a blue collar job. They pay well but would you rather date a blue collar kind of guy or a white collar worker such as accountant or business manager? Or does it not really matter as long as you see he can be a good provider (in the future such as marriage?). I don't really know what I want to do and it won't influence my decision I'm just wondering woman's thoughts on this.

• Career doesn't matter much
    71% (10)
  • Matters a lot
    29% (4)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

6

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend worked at a restaraunt when we decided we wanted to spend our lives together

What Girls Said 5

• I prefer someone whose career is in the same industry as mine. That way, we can understand what each other is talking about.

• As long as you can handle your own shit, that's all I care about.

• For me i like a driven smart guy. If he loves his job or career that all that counts. I went to school and obtaining my bachelors degree so i want a equally smart man or who earns same or more than me. I personaly wouldn't want to supoort a spouse who works at McDonald's for 8$ when im earning 15-18+$$ a hour

But thats me personally

• doesn't matter to me rn if I'm not marrying them

• What if you really liked him and wanted a future with him?

• I might sacrifice. If he's gone for long periods of time I think I'll be fine with it as long as he spends plenty of time together when he's around. I want his income to be close to mine. Anything less than 50k isn't something I want helping.

• Like in between.