I feel like my relationship is a dead end, what should I do?

My relationship has hit a wall. We've been together for two years, and we are in what appears to be a perfect relationship. We have never had any problems too serious happen between us, until recently. Being a high school senior preparing to enter the real world, I have entered into a new stage of my life. It's like I have thrown away the immaturity of my previous years, and begun preparing to go live life. I have also lost attraction to my girlfriend. Our relationship is so... boring. All though I still love talking with her, I no longer desire to be with her or even kiss her. I Don't miss her either when she's gone like I used to. I told her about my conflicting emotions, and broke up with her for four weeks, but I decided to try and give the relationship another shot (which was probably a mistake). She accepted my offer and took me back, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. I feel like this whole attempt is useless. It doesn't help that I'm still young so I want to live the single life again and date other girls, but I felt like I had made a mistake when I broke up with her. We are taking this attempt to save our relationship one day at a time, and we agreed that if it doesn't work we will not get back together, but we will remain friends. The main reason why I see this relationship as a dead end is because I'm enlisted in the army, and I am attempting to get into westpoint after basic training, while she plans to stay local after highschool. I cannot do long distance relationships. This means that it would be a waste of time to date anyone right now if I break up with her. I plan to break up for good next week, but I need to be 100% sure before I do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• End it and find one that isn't a dead end

What Girls Said 3

• If your not really into her she doesn't deserve a guy like you. Break up with her. there's better guys out there who will love her better and give her the respect she deserves. Do it for her good. Not yours.

• yeah think about it through, and if it's still hopeless, end it

• you should break up

What Guys Said 0