I am I the only one who feels love at first sight is just lust?

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying love at first sight exists is like going to a car dealership and buying a car simply because it looks good. Nevermind if the engine is blown out, or the brakes are cut, cause who the fuck needs those to drive right? It looks good, and that's all that matters for purchasing a car.

What Guys Said 7

• Nope. Lots of people, me included, think that :)

• No, I do think it's romantic attraction, but it's only after you know the person for a while that you know if they're a pain to be partnered with. Right?

• Yeah, I agree.

• I felt love at first sight with my girlfriend too, and I'm about to be 31! We've been together almost 3 months now and I'm still as attracted to her as I have been since the first day we met. It's rare that it happens, but it happens

• Think you are right

• Well the problem with your thesis is there is no such thing as "just lust". Lust is a very complex phenomena, especially for women. My wife says she knew she wanted to marry me within five minutes of meeting me, she also nearly jumped me on the dance floor.

The overwhelming feeling people get is probably a feedback loop between attraction and inhibition. Like one part of your brain is waging a chemical war against the other part.

• Hey im not saying no interest but that was sight hence appearences

• Sight is more than appearances, your subconscious picks up all sorts of things. You can usually (there are exceptions) tell in a few seconds approximately how intelligent someone is, how confident & etc.

Many many times in my life people have just looked at me and decided I had the stuff for whatever the job required and I've done the same to others. Some people inspire confidence (and sometimes it's misplaced).

• I've experienced love at first site, yes she was absolutely stunning but I've seen more beautiful women and didn't feel the same. Also, I've never had a stronger connection with someone in my life than I did with her...

What Girls Said 5

• Of course it's just lust... there's no such thing as love at first sight. You can't love someone you don't know. It's impossible.

• My mum and dad fell in love at first sight. They were together about 11 years before we lost him. My first boyfriend is similar. I don't want any other guy. I just hope it lasts!

• no you are not. i feel the same too.

• Same here. Lust and infatuation.

• No, almost everyone who reads YA fiction agrees.