How do I know how he feels?

Me and this guy had a huge amount of chemistry in grade 11 but I never thought anything of it. Last half of grade 12 we talked again and flirted/hung out. The more we talked the more we realized how similar we are and how we are both emotional/fall for people to fast type of people. One issue, I'm a Christian and he's not. He says he loves those qualities about me though.

He wanted to be my first kiss so last day of school at 10pm he kissed me and a few days later told me how much he liked me. I liked him too but too many reasons why we shouldn't date.
We kept going as friends but every time we hung out we would end up making out in his car bc we just were too attracted. He told me he wanted me to be happy and so he'll change. So we tried dating but we just ended up unhappy bc of the things we knew wouldn't work. The last time I saw him he showed up at my house at 1am and kissed me. We spent the whole night till 7am talking and kissing in his car where we said I love you. But we said we should stop seeing each other.
so we haven't for a month and recently just started texting again. When I tell him I still have feelings and ask him if he does he just says "I try not to. And I don't want to go there rn" and I don't know if he really doesn't Love me anymore or if he's just trying not to. He also knows how much I want him to stay in my life and says he's staying with me even though it's hard for him bc he cares about me and knows I get depressed. He says he never wants me to feel alone again and still uses names like "honey" and "sweetheart" when trying to comfort me. We both know it's not gonna work, but he keeps saying these things so I want to know if he still thinks there's some hope?

What Guys Said 1

• "The more we talked the more we realized how similar we are and how we are both emotional/fall for people to fast type of people. One issue, I'm a Christian and he's not. "

^ok then do/does u/he agree about da fact wid u being a christian and him being a different religion (or an therist)? if both of u have no probs about it... then it's fine i guess :)

"He wanted to be my first kiss so last day of school at 10pm he kissed me and a few days later told me how much he liked me. I liked him too but too many reasons why we shouldn't date. "

^so r there any other reasons beyond religious differences dat u wouldn't date him as well?

"We kept going as friends but every time we hung out we would end up making out in his car bc we just were too attracted. He told me he wanted me to be happy and so he'll change."

^so he felt he wass makin u unhappy u say?

"The last time I saw him he showed up at my house at 1am and kissed me. We spent the whole night till 7am talking and kissing in his car where we said I love you. But we said we should stop seeing each other."

^how did he show up then? totally unannounced?

"so we haven't for a month and recently just started texting again. When I tell him I still have feelings and ask him if he does he just says "I try not to. And I don't want to go there rn" "

^who initiated first then? ok anyway... he was petty much clear i guess... currently he doesn't wanna feelings towards u. basically it seems like he's tryin toforget about u.

"He also knows how much I want him to stay in my life and says he's staying with me even though it's hard for him bc he cares about me and knows I get depressed."

^is this true dat u feel deprssed if he's stayin wid u? didn't see u mention about this

"He says he never wants me to feel alone again and still uses names like "honey" and "sweetheart" when trying to comfort me."

^then petty much truth's he's stayin wid u just in orderto comfort u and only?

What Girls Said 0