What are your experiences of dating people you've met online?

Did it go well?
I'm going on a couple of dates soon.
I'm going out for a drink with a gorgeous future doctor next week which should be nice. The date I'm really looking forward to though is with this guy I really like, we'll be great friends whatever happens but I really want it to be more because we just get on so well. I'm more apprehensive about that one though because obviously I like him so much that I've put a lot of pressure on the date to go well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've generally had great experiences dating people online but I talk to them a LOT before we meet so I have a very good idea of where they're cumming (sic) from. The gorgeous future doctor sounds like it could be interesting. What are you expecting to happen?

• Yeah it does. He said he'd let me drive his car too (I want to learn how to drive haha)! He honestly seems lovely but the other guy is who I'm really looking forward to meeting. The other guy seems boyfriend material.

• He was so rude lol

What Guys Said 31

• Hm, interesting. I've only done it once. All the right connections were there online, full of laughs. She wasn't exactly like me, but enough common interest for a relationship to bloom. Sadly, once we met in person, you see a lot more of EVERYTHING. Like how they treat others, walk, mannerisms, stuff like that.

Basically it was a bit like getting to know her again kinda lol. It went ok, but I left, no longer wanting to pursue her. She treated server at our restaurant a bit cruel. She dug in her ear which annoyed me cause I once saw a bit o wax mate lol. Hope it goes well, the one where you're looking forward to sounds romantic like. Hopefully the attraction comes with his great similarity and personality that you like :)

• Sorry yours didn't go so well :/
      Thank you though :) I can't wait!

• Haha yeah, it was a drag. thanks tho. And I can tell, either way you walk away with a potential soulmate or one crazy story and a new set of driving skills lol.

• Haha true!

• Good, just as long as the distance is closed quickly. For me, it was one of the best relationships I've ever been in. I met an amazing girl online but, unfortunately, she later broke up with me because the distance was too hard for her. As long as you can quickly close the distance, it can be worth it.
    I'm also talking to another girl I met online. This time, I've decided not to get into a relationship with them until I meet them in person, but I still would like to build our friendship in the meantime until we get to meet.

• They stole some of my organs and sold it to the black market the one girl sold my kidney by slipping a pill in my drink knocking me out and she made an incision on my belly and pulled my kidney out and I had to get a bus ride back to my town.

• I believe online dating is all the chance we take , just always make sure
    you know the person very well .

• I've only ever met people online for hookups. They all went well.

• Why wouldn't you want to have a relationship with someone you met online?

• that just wasn't something either of us were interested in, i guess. I wouldn't oppose if it was the right time, but it wasn't.

• I've actually never dated online, I mean I've been in long distance relationships that I've had to use online stuff with, but I knew those ladies in person for many years. Never been one for the whole dating website stuff though.

• Oh wow it gives such a good feeling to read this. I hope for you it will be bingo Alex :D
    I'm a little jealous haha... my successful dating history is relatively blank :o

• We just need to meet but our schedules always have something f**k up. Trying to "date" someone 7 hours away isn't easy.

• Got catfished 2 times in a row. Never ever again.

• First that you met online , or bump into each other at walmart or were setup by someone else in a blind date. The part where you meet is the same as it always was. Dating in person.

Meeting online and discovering its long distance and choosing to meet , my experience , maybe others can corroborate , is the moment you make plans to meet , you are yearning for each other and its 2-3 days or more that is like a honeymoon or a disaster , if its a disaster, well yikes, if its like a honeymoon , its becomes more or less sexual and all is beautiful and rarely can it be sustain, unless someone moves and as we get older we don't want to uproot ourselves so more or less it dies out.

• dating online is like play Russian roulette.

Don't trust humans, they'll kill you.

• I met my current partner online going on 8 years ago. It's been great.

• Well It's always better to meet people personally, if you're in college that wouldn't be tough, avoid online dating... it should be like the last resort...

• I've done online dating before I'll say this. Usually it doesn't work because that person has just been through a break up or has some type of understanding lying issue her won't tell you. And most of the time they are just looking for a rebound.

• Only once and that wasn't from a meeting website but from youtube, one girl comment my youtube videos and she wanted to Skype with me.

• I've only actually done it once. But it was just a hookup, not really a date.

• I just have to say them my past and be myself and they are completly i love with me :/ its so damn weird and i am too shy fir dates so...

• I met wonderful girls online, and I dated a few of them. Those were great dates.

• i met one guy online, we saw one another on and off for 6 months or so

• You go girl!! All the best!!

You are pretty and seems like a good girl. Just take it slowly. He is not going to run away from you.

Happy for you and hope it turns out well for you.

• Not worth the effort. But to each their own !!

• No experiences of dating people I met online.

• We should date eachother and see how it will go 😃

• It was very bad experience :P

• Well meeting @arabianpwincess197 this sting Pwincess was nvr expected but im planning to take her out to the ball game 😘

• it is very good... this is the way I have met my second wife... she is a wonderful woman.

• On the dates I have gone from online either gone bad or it never went anywhere or got stood up.

• Online dating is terrible for men, pules American dating is terrible period so online dating in America is a nightmare. Women who date online are all too often looking for something that either doesn't exist or is way out of their league. No matter how unattractive the girl is, she still thinks she is entitled to date model status man. She hold out for some guy who has the perfect script written for every word he says, a fantasy. Like moat American women they dont feel they should have to put effort into anything, so the man end up writting 10-100 letters and getting 1-10 responces, that simply run dry once the over entitle fatty get bored. There is nothing to work for, no reward, and little chance of success. Online dating is shit, and it will soon see a push back just like American women in general are being boycotted because they are simply worthess.

• What a load of bull, you're a very bitter man. Trust me you won't find love unless you lighten up and drop this hatred towards women which is obviously you projecting your own self hatred. This attitude isn't healthy to you or anybody else, I hope you realise that there are great people, out there and you can't just generalise a whole gender.

• Rule no. 1: never date any person you've met online...

Rule no. 2: never date a guy with short cut hairs

Rule no. 3: wait at least one lunar month until you'll sleep with him. And you're relationship will last much longer

Rule no. 4: stay present

Rule no. 5: smile. Always. Than nothing can go wrong...

Enjoy!

• Why shouldn't I date someone from online lol?

• Don't you think you can pull people with a similar vibration online though? It's still people being brought into your life.

• No it's still online. It's not real. Get out there and be yourself!

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 13

• i just had my heart broken by someone i met online, but he was the nicest guy I've ever dated. we dated for 3 months. when we first met, i let him pick me up. no friends were around. just us 2. i fell in love with him quickly. im heartbroken not bc i fell in love with a guy i met online, im heartbroken bc it may not have been meant to be. its safe. just please guard ur heart and let the guy show more emotion than u. still play a little bit hard to get/hard to reach on occasion.

• I'm sorry it ended that way for you :/ I hope you will find someone soon who deserves you :)

• Thank you girl😊 yeah I'm getting over it real quick with the help of God. Once we realize we deserve only the best, then we act as such. We don't take crap from these boys. We're made to be Queens. If a guy can't treat you like a queen, then he ain't worth your energy, time or tears.

• TRUE THAT

• I wish you well! I met my guy on OKCupid. In two days, it'll be our one year anniversary, so yeah I think it went pretty well. :D I couldn't be any happier than I am with him. Good luck with your dates! One crucial thing I would point out is you have to be willing to compromise. Early on when they don't really owe you any commitment, they may be busy with shit in their lives. But once they see how great you are, they'll make plenty of time (and so should you!).

• Aw thank you! Great advice :D I wish your relationship well to! :)

• I have actually never dated offline before, as soon as I turned 18, I used dating sites. I've met people online that I will be friends with for life and some assholes.
    With my experience, most only wanted sex and but, there were 4 that actually asked me on dates. Two of them asked me out, then dropped contact before a time and place even set in stone. As for the other two they actually planned dates with me, one stood me up and cut off contact and the other stood me up three times and cut off contact.
    So, not great. It's been 3 years and I am still single.

• i haven't dated anyone..

• Not dating as such, but he lead me on then passed me on like a joint to his brother. I'm over it now, but it still hurts me like fuck to know that I obviously don't matter.

• Terrible. I was supposed to meet a guy I had been talking to for 9 months. He turned out to be some 50 year old dude and when we talked on the phone it was his nephew (not the guy he showed me pics of).

• What the actual fuck! What did you do? Was you safe?

• Yes! Skype or kik from now on.

• Oh my God...

• It's so hurting my heart... because i'm so miss him.

• okay a little

• It always seems to go well at first, but I dropped my entire life to move to a new state and be with someone I met online, I am expecting in December and regret what I did, aside from the baby, I am so excited to be a mom. I really wish I wouldn't have ventured to the internet to find "love". Everyone has a different experience though and mine hasn't been the greatest.

Best of luck to you.

• I'm sorry it didn't turn out so well :/ but congratulations about the baby! :)
      Thank you! :D

• One was better than the other, but in general.. not so bad

• It's going well so far. The guy I met actually fell in love with me from first sight and a few weeks later is talking about marriage. We haven't even had sex yet. It's unreal x)

• No online dating horror stories here, but the guys I met seemed to be several pegs below my usual standards. Not worth the time, imho!

• A guy I met online was One of the best boyfriends I ever had. He was exciting, sexy and always knew how to show me a good time! We actually dated for a few days and decided to have a serious relationship. It lasted for a year unfortunately he was a great player too haha. Not great enough since I investigated and found it so easily.
    Amazing hot sex! Cute dates, intense passion, pure fun only to be shitted on your face in the end and taken away so brutally! What a shitty as ex boyfriend lol.

• I'm so sorry you been through that :(

• That's okay! It was fun while it lasted.
      Well! I hope your date with this soon to be doctor man goes great. : )!

• Thank you! :)