Are my standards too high? and is it why im still single?

Ok so im a tall girl im 5'8 so finding guy is a little difficult. So here are my standards:

•You have to be 5'11+ (the taller the better)
• I can't date you if you have crooked teeth
• You have to be able to stay faithful to me
• Funny
• Can dress
• Send me good morning/night texts
• Random paragraphs to catch my attention

& thats about it. I don't expect much because we are teenagers

Lmao sorry for the people I offended just wanted to know but looking at these comments made me realize my standards are kind of ridiculous. ill try not to be too picky thanks guys & girls

Most Helpful Guy

• Its a good way to stay single. You just removed the majority of the male population since average height is about 5'10" then talking on perfect teeth (especially at your age) that removes a large population, good dresser (again especially at your age) that removes an even larger part of the population, sense of humor isn't bad niether is being faithful, those last two are sheer fantasy. So what are you doing to catch this guy? Are you a good dresser or do you where yoga pants? your 5'8" thats probably to tall most likely prefer 5'4", Do you have any blemishes, how about crooked teeth? Are you going to dote on him and constantly do things to reaffirm to him your desire and love for him, every day for the entire duration of your relationship? See where I'm going with this? Your asking a whole lot but I don't think your able to provide what your asking others to. You need to step back realize that where all just people and this is real life not a fairytale. Do you think he is attractive and does he make you happy, yes he can have a good sense of humor and yes I think everyone expects faithfulness, if thats what the guy is even though maybe he has braces maybe he isn't so tall or even short, maybe he's a tshirt and jeans kind of guy but really none of that should or will matter so long as you like him, that should be your only criteria otherwise your going to be a very lonely woman. "He who looks for faultless friends, remains friendless"

• That was a polite way of putting it because I was going to unleash

• @alonzoslade some times we don't realize our standards/ideas/etc. are unrealistic until others point it out, its just good to get another opinoin some times.

What Guys Said 14

• Your standards will help keep you single, that's for sure.

For one--say you're a 5'11 or a 6' tall guy. If you date girls who are 5'5, or 5'6, most of them will *love* your height and it will be a huge plus for them. So you're requiring not that guys be taller than you, but they be at least three inches taller than you. That's a small set of men, really.

Meanwhile, that small set of men can date a fucking huge amount of women based on height.

Crooked teeth, eh, your call.

This is Sullivan Stapleton, a millionaire Australian actor.

fr.web.img2.acsta.net/.../070317.jpg

He's got crooked teeth and is 5'8. Your standards would automatically disqualify him, lmao.

Faithfulness is a base standard, keep that. Funny? That's subjective... I say stuff girls laugh at that I didn't think was funny at all, so who the hell knows.

Dresses alright? Ehh, fine.

Send you good morning and goodnight texts? A lot of guys by nature, or by experience with girls, don't like to text that much, much less good morning and good night texts. Petty and unimportant standard. Why not just call the damn person once a day to chat?

Random paragraphs to catch your attention? WTF? I doubt you are even as entertaining as I suspect you expect a man to be.

• That depends on how attractive you, yourself, are. Obviously, you can't expect something from a partner if you don't live up to it yourself.

I don't know what you look like, so i can't judge, myself. But i have a little saying "If you are having trouble finding a date, you either need to give yourself an upgrade, or your standards a downgrade".

• "That depends on how attractive you, yourself, are. Obviously, you can't expect something from a partner if you don't live up to it yourself"

I think most men need to realize that fact.

• @LonelyLillie13 When did this become about men? Women are just as guilty of it as men are.

• The hegith thing might be a bit too much So if a good looking guy who does all the mentioned things but its onlye your same hegiht will get rejected? to be honest male average height is 5'9" soo you should change the 5'11
    " to "At least the same height as you"

• You should move to somewhere tall people live. I'm 6'1, and I am by no means tall where I live. Lots of guys are taller, and some women too.

The good morning/night texts is too dictatorial for my taste. I'll text when I feel like it, not on some schedule.

• Ask yourself this:

Why would a guy who is:
    • 5'11+
    • nice teeth teeth
    • faithful
    • Funny
    • Can dress

Bother with:
    • Sending good morning/night texts
    • Random paragraphs to catch your attention

When there are so many other beautiful girls out there who don't demand so much attention and maintenance?

• Forever alone...

And I meant you

• Yeah... you are more focused on his physical qualities than the rest of all qualities a man has. But after 25's you will shed all these thinking as you get mature.

Teenagers are just like that. Relationship is just a fun for them and sex is utmost priority and most are not actually serious.

Also 5'11 guy is not difficult to find.

• In my opinion 5,8 is not that tall, but you have narrowed down you choices by having guys be 5,11 xD I only personally 5 guys who are 5,11+ and that's factoring me in so being tall as a teen is rare.

• Now that I think about it I might just not have any friends ;(. xD

• "Can dress"... oooooh lemme just bring out my crocs and wife beater out😎😎

• Lol, seems fine, but just remember, not a lot of guys are clowns. Out of my high school class of 174, about 6 were class clowns. They were all short too lol. So no, your standards arnt too high.

• Nope not too high at all that's what u want and that's what u should get 😀

• hello sister, how you doing today?

• I'm really good at algebra.. Will that get me to 3rd base?

• But seriously... I am 43 and single cause I'm very picky

• Most guys aren't over 5'11 especially teenagers.

What Girls Said 5

• I do not know why so many guys are getting offended, she is under 18 its just fantasy at that point... life will hit her like a freight train.

• Lol I like your answer. Ik it will change as I get older. Only 16 here a girl can dream can't she 😕

• yes exactly lol. Just give it time. :)

• Of course those aren't high expectations, but you mentioned something vital: TEENAGER. You are not likely to find somebody who is like that in high school, because young boys (and girls) are still immature and don't have even a full developed sense of empathy let alone a strong hold on intimacy and romance. I had a pretty decent boyfriend in high school, very sweet and such, but he was few and far between in comparison to the other guys in school, and even he wasn't perfect.

• No one is perfect madam...

• I never once even hinted that I expected anybody to be, so I have no idea why you saw it necessary to make that statement. Thanks nonetheless for telling everyone though?

• Good luck sweetie.
    http://replygif.net/i/439.gif

If I had your standards I would still be single.

• no your standards aren't to high

• Doesn't seem unreasonable