Can you be in love with someone without having been in a relationship with them?

I think I am in love with my best guy friend. I had asked the difference between infactuation and love on gag and I think its love. I was just wondering if it was possible to be in love with someone you haven't dated i have however known him for 6 years now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that's a definite possibility. It's called 'unrequited love'. I have been in such situation during my teens and early 20s. Felt so much in love, but too scared to confess. Hurts like hell.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know why we all do this? Smh... we know when it's love but it's like we need confirmation from those around us to tell us what we are actually feeling inside. Only we know how we truly feel, so with this being said, only we (ourselves) can actually depict if it really is love. Don't be ashamed let that love shine✌🌸✌

What Guys Said 2

• That how all of mine have started off as

• when we r talking about love every thing is possible

What Girls Said 3

• I'm pretty sure that's how it starts off most of the time.

• Yes, it is not uncommon.

• Hell yes. Fillee filler