Could you be in a sexless romantic relationship?

Say you had been dating someone and were edging into more serious territory with your relationship. They seem great and well-suited for you. Then, before you become exclusive/official, they tell you they're sex-repulsed. Sex itself and other sexual activities (oral, hand jobs, etc.) repulse them. Would you be able to enter a serious relationship knowing sexual aspects would be off the table? Or are the sexual parts too important to you to give up, even if you liked them?

Note: Sex outside of the relationship would be out of the question.

• Yes, I could be in a serious relationship without sex being a part of it.
  • No; sex is too important to me in a relationship. I would only want someone who was okay with it.
  • Other/Results

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I'd be open to a sexless boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. If it was like marriage, I don't think I could go sexless personally. I would be understanding of something wanting or not wanting sex before marriage, but if they were repulsed by sex so much that even marriage wouldn't make it ok for them, it'd probably be a big enough turn off I couldn't do it.

I am open to whatever my SO wants before marriage. (If she wants sex or sexless, so be it) After marriage though, I would want sex in any situation to be frank.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, definitely wouldn't work for me.
    Sex is a big part of a happy relationship in my opinion. You can't have anyone closer than being inside you, or them accepting you for you at your literal barest.

What makes being in a sexless relationship romantic? How would it differ from having a really close friend?

• If you think sex is the only difference between friendship and a romantic relationship, what exactly do you think separates a romantic relationship from friends with benefits?

• no I guess not everyone needs their relationship to reach the level of having intercourse to be legitimate. Romance can be very real without sex too. I'm just saying that I don't think I could see myself being happy in a sexless romantic relationship without, that sort of intimacy with someone I care about.

• I can understand that.

What Guys Said 5

• I mean. .. nothing? I can go without intercourse (well, obviously) but all that other stuff is just awesome.

Also the need to GIVE orgasms would be torture. Have you ever HAD a clit in your mouth? It's amazing.

• 0|0
  • I said yes cause I freaking did it and it wasn't as bad as you would think. It just depends on the people in the relrelationship.

• She means ever, not just until marriage.

• Well nevermind then tell her about your worries about sex and if you feel you can't deal with it then end the relationship.

• Actually, I would not have sex unless I marry them. At least not penetrative.

• My recent ex told me she dated a guy for 8 months and no sex bc he has herpes... But everything else was good and she was fine with that.

What Girls Said 4

• Probably not. If my husband all of a sudden has a problem and can perform of course id stay. But knowing before entering a relationshi, nah. Sex is a pretty importent part.

• I'll be honest, No.

• Lol, if I could find a guy okay with this, I'd be much more open to dating...
    (I voted A)

• I mean, I'd like to think I could... but I have needs, too. Under certain circumstances I can hold off for a while, but for life? I don't think I could.