Have you ever had trouble dating a guy who's too good looking?

Hi !
So I have a very weird issue. I can't date a guy if he is better looking than I am. And lately I've been asked on dates by guys that are defintely way better looking than I am. Believe me or not, but it all happened after I did a massive decluttering of my little studio appartment. I read a book called "the magic of tidying' by a Japanese woman called Marie Kondo (because seriously, I needed to sort the mess I had). And though I was skeptical when she said that it would change a lot of things in my life... I really didn't expect that to happen. I'm not hot or beautiful, I'm maybe a little cute but that's it. However lately, guys that would never look at me buy me drinks, and the latest is just too good to be true. Seriously, why does a former model, who now owns his own company and lives in an amazing appartment in Paris would pursue me? At first I thought he might be a murderer (American psycho style), but so far, nope. Didn't try to kill me. But I am already sabotaging this, because this is too much. I don't want people saying "what's he doing with her"... I don't know why I care about that. But I do. It's been three months now and I only let him kiss me... I now realize that we have a lot in common, but I'm still not letting myself believe in this story... and I'm pretty sure it's because I feel I don't deserve someone like that. How do I overcome this stupid feeling?

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe see a therapist. It sounds like you have self-esteem issues. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For all you know he thinks you're the catch.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're just insecure and u need to understand that you're beautiful and don't worry about what others have to say about your relationship. All that matters is that you two like each other. And if this guy is with u then I'm sure he thinks you're gorgeous!! Stop worrying and believe that you're one of a kind.