Do long distance relationships work?

The guy i'm with (been 1.5 years) is staying here while i plan on moving out of state for college. What are your feelings on this actually working i don't want another two years of getting closer to someone i'll inevitably have to let go :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they only work if you have met the SO in person and only then moved on to LDR. If you start out as LDR with little to no prospects of meeting, then it will probably not work.

Most Helpful Girl

• @keyspirits You are a expert in love distance relationships!! this question if for you!!!

• How lon have we been together? about a year now? It'll work if u open ur heart up to meh and juz lemme be the key to ur heart 💏

What Guys Said 3

• In my opinion, they do not work well. As the relationship progresses, you need to spend a good amount of physical time together to nurture and maintain it. Maybe if the move is only temporary and the both of you are planning on returning later? Keep in contact in the meantime, spend some breaks together if possible.

• We would have to compromise on a returning location i refuse to live in my hometown. Problem is i love him and at the same time i'm smart enough to get into a really good college, i don't want to not go somewhere for a guy but i don't want to lose him either.

• Understandable. There are lots of ways to keep in touch while you are apart, and find ways to meet up during the school year if means and schedules allow. There is always a way to work this stuff out.

• No, they don't work out. Even if it does the chances are very less.

• Depends on the maturity of the people in said relationship.
    In younger folks or people who are rather insecure... I'd say they don't work.

What Girls Said 2

• Any kind of relationship works if you make it work. It would not be easy but if you value something, it is worth it.

• I been here. It's not easy trust me. But I think you should let him go. Trust your gut, if you think he's going to met other people, it's most likely to happened. I'll find someone who you can hug and kiss. And that's makes you happy.

• i'm just worried i won't really get over him. especially since it would be ending while i still care for him