How real is white privilege in dating?

To me, it seems that people with European ancestry have an advantage in the dating field, esp men.

Most Helpful Girl

• well, in my experience they just get pissed and butt-hurt when i decline because i'm not interested. they want to know why and what my type is. they then accuse me of lying and make rude comments about the boys i like.

Most Helpful Guy

• Privilege
    1. a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most:
    2. a special right, immunity, or exemption granted to persons in authority or office to free them from certain obligations or liabilities:
    3. a grant to an individual, corporation, etc., of a special right or immunity, under certain conditions.

What 'white' people have, in dating and in general is 'advantage', it's an important distinction because privileges are a special kind of advantage which can and should be revoked if they are unfair but advantages can also be in the natural state of things. Privileges are granted by authority, advantages by chance, trying to confuse one with the other is a political manipulation of words. It is absurd to think laws can or should remove 'natural' advantages (make everyone average in looks, intelligence &etc.) just as it is natural to expect it to remove privileges which do not serve the public interest, such as immunity from prosecution for legislators.

What Girls Said 3

• Realer than Kim K's boobies.

• Lots of online dating surveys show that all races except from black women accept and respond to their advances the most. So yes, they have an advantage.

• I don't know? If you're attractive, people will want you.

What Guys Said 4

• It is SOOOOOO real. Honestly as a white man I rarely, if ever, have to worry about women thinking I'm ugly or not worth dating due to my race. Seriously, nonwhite women tend to hit on me more than white girls actually. As a heterosexual white male I have a HUGE leg up to who finds me desirable in dating.

Now I'm not bragging because I think it's fucked up and a reflection of the shortcomings of society at large.

• Meh, good looking white guys maybe. Asians are the only people who really have a white guy fetish; I've been called a gora more times than not by Arabs and other South Asian women, and I narrowly escape the 'pinky' category with black women.

I feel like, as with most people, collective identity kicks in and people are more likely to want someone who looks like them.

• Not always, it all depends on looks and personality

• We do?

//////