PLEASE HELP! Why am I so scared of dating?

Why am I so scared of dating? When boys start to get more than friendly, I get really nervous. I view boys as regular human being would view a lion, I like to watch and admire from a distance, but once one starts getting closer, I just start to panic. So when a boys starts to show the slightest interest in me I just ditch him using a LOT of sarcasm... So basically I cease to talk to them but yet I avoid them... Is this a symptom of social anxiety or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• From what you have said to a user, not having a father in life, has probably impacted you in sort of way. You are terrified of rejection from a man. I think the best to start getting comfortable guys, is maybe start building a good friendship with guys, maybe that will help build your confidence with them.

The best thing for confidence and fear, is having a really cold shower for 5 minutes. It will be very hard for the first few times, but watch happens with your confidence. The other that improve your performance in relationships , is mediation, it will help to realise any fears, and prevent you from negative thinking. There are plenty of videos on youtube for this and help you. Do at least 20 minutes a day.

• To a cold shower virgin, the amount of will power it takes to take cold showers may seem like that of a Shaolin Monk, because for the common man it is a pretty big jump.
      Doing something you are so resistant to, every single day, right when you wake up, takes a lot of mental strength. And overtime, this mental strength and discipline will become an automated habit that echo’s into every area of your lifeAs shown in this study, cold showers act as a small form of oxidative stress on your nervous system. And overtime, the body adapts to this. Essentially, you will be a calm, cool, badass dude. The first time you step in that cold shower, you won’t be able to think straight, let alone breath. But after a month, you will be thinking about your day in a Zen like focus as the ice cold water has no effect on your manliness. This will translate into everyday life as you brush off stressful bullshit that would typically ruin your mood.

• Thank you so much! You helped a lot

• Ok no problem, I tried my best. Maybe also you should consider seeing a therapist, cause remember we are not experts on this stuff. I wish you the best for the future, and just take it slowly and always take things one step at a time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's " dating" that scares you. It's probably a subconscious fear of rejection and being hurt. By keeping them at a distance you feel less vulnerable. It is so easy to love or admire at ", arms length" , because you are protected from any potential pain that may come with relationships 💜

What Guys Said 3

• i've had this problem before, how do you view yourself? do you think you're worth those guy's attention, do you feel happy with yourself? if you don't think you're worthy of having a boyfriend, or don't feel you value yourself, it can cause you to reject the thing you think you don't deserve, other than that, you might just be scared, dating can be daunting, but it's also great when you find someone who's just right for you

• Sounds like you are just not ready to date yet.

• Do you remember your in tire childhood

• No my INTIRE childhood. But I have some memories... Why?

• I didn't suffer sexual abuse! My dad is not even present in my life... :(

• Then that's your problem you never had a man you could trust in your life

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you're afraid of getting hurt, or being judged.
    Or you like the chase...